Chapter 5

You and Lucy kept talking to each other quietly, as to ensure that the pinkette wouldn't awaken. Time flies and people started filling the classroom. Even with the class being rowdy, the pinkette didn't move; his sleeping ensued with his steady breathing.

He's a really deep sleeper.

The bell rang, signaling that it was already time for class. Lucy quickly tried to wake the sleeping boy up, shaking his body gently to not startle him. Because he didn't wake up, Lucy tried to shake him harder and unconsciously moved closer to him. When he finally awoke, their faces were right next to each other; Lucy jumped back after realizing and almost fell out of her chair.

"Ah, thanks for waking me up!" Natsu said.

"I-it's nothing.." Lucy replied, and put her now red face in the palm of her hands.

Hahaha Lucy is so adorable! You thought, smiling.

Just then, a person sat right beside you, and you looked up at them. There sat the blonde freak from yesterday. He looked at you with a straight face while you moved your eyes to face your lap. Now, you were having an internal conflict with yourself; he is an asshole which made you want to spit on him, but on the other hand he is one of the bullies that you made problems with yesterday, which might kill you anytime. God, what is life?

The lesson went smoothly, until the fifth segment. As cliche as it sounds, group projects are something that are unavoidable.

"Alright class, the next assignment is a group project that consists of two students in one group. Would you like for me to pick, or to choose your own partners?" The teacher asked, and the class shouted to choose by ourselves. For you and your friends it was easy, because you already had teams prepared; You and Lucy, Erza and Wendy, Juvia and Levy. You switch partners every now and then, but everyone agreed on these pairings prematurely. The other students seemed like they haven't decided their partners yet. Why? Because the girls were swarming around Sting, Natsu and Jellal, asking if they wanted to be their partners. There are only 6 boys in this class: Natsu, Sting, Jellal, Macao, Max and Rufus.

Poor them. Well at least I already have someone as my teammate. Or so you thought.

"Since there seem to be issues doing it on your own, I will decide the pairs," The teacher spoke suddenly, breaking the commotion. She looked around the class, and mentally prepared to list off the groups. You only focused on you and your friends' names.

"Erza Scarlet and Jellal Fernandes." You could see the red on Erza and Jellal's faces, other girls began whining in disappointment.

"Lucy Heartfilia and Erika Blue.

"Natsu Dragneel and Max Alors." She stopped as someone interrupted her.

"Sensei?" The pinkette raised his hand and called out to the teacher.

"Yes?"

"I want to change partners."

"What? But that would be unfair."

"It's either that or I don't do it at all."

Your teacher sighed. "Give me your reasoning."

"I don't know a lot of people, since it's only my second day. I want to at least be paired with someone I know."

"Fine. Who do you want?"

"Her," Natsu replied, pointing at Lucy. The other girls stared in disbelief, including you. Lucy herself gazed at him in shock.

"Okay, then Lucy with Natsu, and Max with Erika." The other girls started to give death glares to Lucy, who looked as if she was shrinking in her chair.

"Next, Wendy and Levy...

"Juvia and Rufus...

"(Y/N) and Sting..."

WHAT?! You stared at her, shocked, then stole a glance at the blonde boy. He looked like he was enjoying your shock and fear already.

Ah... I'm dead...

"The work is to be submitted in two weeks. There is plenty of time, so please plan yourselves accordingly." Your teacher explained, once everyone's name was called. She explained the assignment further before allowing pairs to sit together and talk about their project ideas.

Just kill me... Just kill me... Just kill me...

You put your head in your palm and mumbled negativity to yourself further.

"Oi, you want to work or what?"

"Ah. I-I'm sorry. I was lost in thought. What do we do again?"

Sting rolled his eyes and sighed, "What problems do we want to do research on?"

"O-Oh... uh..."

"...You're still afraid of what happened yesterday, aren't you?" The question itself was enough to make you jump.

"Um..."

"Sorry 'bout what happened. My friends can be rude, yeah?"

"Huh?"

"Sorry for saying those things," He stated plainly.

"Ah... N-No! No... It's okay. I also need to apologize for saying those inappropriate things, sorry..." You stutter with a bitter smile.

Hee~... It's even easier than I thought. But still, I need to continue being careful. Sting smirked.

The group work continued until the bell rang. When class finally finished, you and Sting decided to research about plants at Conservation park. You will both meet on Saturday at 8 am.

The school day ended, and you and your friends decided to walk home together. Guess today's pair ups drained more energy than you thought, not only for you but your friends, as well. You and Lucy bid your goodbyes to the others, beginning to head home. When you were about to get on the train, someone called out to Lucy.

"Oi!" Both of you turned and saw a pink-haired boy coming up to you.

"What is it, Natsu?" Lucy asked.

Since when did she talk so casually to him?

"You left this." Natsu handed her a notebook she left behind.

"Ah, thanks! But you could have just given it to me tomorrow."

"I didn't want to wait, just in case you needed it. Well then, later!" He bid you and Lucy (but probably just Lucy) goodbye and walked away.

"Aaaawwww~ Lucy is having a great time with the delinquent, isn't she~?"

"That's not it!" Lucy shouted at you with a completely crimson face. You laughed, and the two of you arrived home and rested. This is just the second day of school, but it feels like it's been longer. You silently hoped you could continue to cope with everything for the rest of the year.