⎟ Chapter X ⎟

Tapu narrates the story

Both of Madhu's parents had worked hard so that Madhu could pursue her dreams. But they were only able to afford her college fee, and Madhu had found herself a part time job as a waitress in a famous restaurant through online as in village , they sometimes got internet access and through social media, she had a boyfriend who had promised that she could live in his apartment with him. It was a really hard time for Madhu as she had little money and so she agreed.

Upon her arriving, her boyfriend, Sahil, welcomed her warmly and all. As a year passed, he became arrogant. He would hit Madhu, he would abuse her and he also raped her.

"But how did you come to know all this?" Sonu cut him.
"U remember, we had to do a project with our pair and Sidd had to do with Madhu. They became really good friends during the project times and Madhu considered Sidd to be her true friend and she confessed all these."
"But we were also her friends, she could have shared all these and we would have helped her." Sonu wondered.
"Anyways, what happens next?"

Tapu recalled

Just like every other day, Madhu had finished her duty and went back to the apartment. She still was living with him because she at least had a shelter, if she left his apartment, she would have nowhere to go.
And all the salaries she got, she would sent it to her parents only leaving some for her to buy clothes if it was necessary.

After arriving, just like every other day, they had fight and Madhu got severe hit on her head.

In the morning, Sidd went to the apartment for project. He knocked the door and there was no reply and he eventually broke the door as it was kinda broken already. He saw Madhu lying unconscious on the ground and there were even blood. He immediately took her to the hospital.

At the hospital doctor said,

"A severe hit to the head cause both short- and long-term memory loss. Memory may gradually improve over time. Fortunately, Madhu had lost her memory for a short term."

As Madhu regained her conscious, she had lost all of her memories of being abused and remembered only that she has loving boyfriend. Sidd was beside her taking care and she misunderstood that he must be her boyfriend.

Sidd wanted to tell her the truth but the doctor had stopped him from doing this as it could affect her life and it's better that she remembers everything by herself.

"Oh god, Madhu has been through so much." Lamented Sonu. "And we always thought she had a thing for that nerd, Jack, whereas she had a boyfriend, an abusing boyfriend to be exact."

To be continued.....