⎟ Chapter XXIII ⎟

We stared at each other in silence. Our glances battled each other, until tears arose, and we found ourselves crying.

"Why?" He hiccuped, tears rolling down with the same quietness. He sighed, wiping his own tears,

"Avneet, before you going away, I want to do something which I have always wanted." Sidd said coming really close to her.

Avneet knew what was going to happen and she slowly closed her eyes.

He kissed her and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled. She ran her fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between them and she could feel the beating of his heart against her chest.

They pull apart after what seemed ages and opened their eyes. They stared at each other, deep into each other's eyes.

And after a few seconds she turned away because she knew she wouldn't be able to look those dreamy hazel eyes again.

She turned to leave forever when Sidd's saying stopped her.

"You're My Sunshine, Avneet."

The last thing she heard before leaving. As much as she tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from her throat in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping.

*Dream Ends*

She was awaken by this dream. She felt an unease. That dream was real. It was her past. Her last day in India.

When he looked at me it was as if every ounce of breath was taken from my lungs floating into the air like midnight smoke. When he kissed me it felt like the world stopped, leaving just the two of us to wander the earth together. Every time he held my face between his hands it felt like he was untying all of my knots. Holding me for eternity in the arms I've grown so accustomed to. This was what falling in love was like, a story you never wanted to end. But it ended anyhow.

"I wish I was as strong as everybody thinks I am. I am the girl who can get through anything. The girl who breezes through heartbreaks. The girl who can find someone else, someone better, always. The girl who is so independent, so strong, so willed. Or so they think.

I wish I was as numb as I'd like to think. The girl who doesn't feel anymore. The girl who doesn't care. The selfish, self-interested girl who couldn't care less about what anyone has to say.

But actually, I am not.

My heart is broken. It feels like it's in pieces, and every piece has a jagged end. These edges poke at me from the inside every time I move. Even every time I breathe. I am fine on the outside.

My hair is straightened out, my eyelashes curled, my outfit chic. I have my chin held high, my mouth in a coy smile. But inside, I am bleeding. Sometimes I even wonder how I am able to survive. Sometimes the pain isn't even metaphorical. It is real. Like someone is squeezing my heart, like I'm having a cardiac arrest, like I just want to curl and throw up. I find the sight of food revolting. They would all ask if I'm okay when they hear the news. And I will say I'm fine, with a smile that I don't even know how I muster"

To Be Continued......

Sorry for short chapter. I wanted to update fast for all of you. So here it is.