⎟ Chapter XXIV ⎟

Next Morning

Avneet was on her sofa, scrolling her social media when her mother stepped in.

"Avneet, how was your meeting with your dad yesterday?" She asked.

"Mum. It was I guess nice."

"Tell me in detail what happened."

After Sidd bought Avneet a new pair of black  high heels and a new banquet of fresh pink roses, he offered her to walk with her to the hospital room which was right beside his charity event room.

Their hands collided with each other really often and Avneet could feel his glance on her all through the way.

"Finally, we are here. " He broke the silence.

"Uh, yeh thank you."

He left for the charity event while she entered the room.

The room was of the old fashioned typical hospital room.

Her father was lying there on the bed with an oxygen mask.

"Come in, Avneet." A woman in her early 40s greeted to Avneet. "I am Tina."

Hearing the name Avneet, Rahul opened his eyes. Seeing his biological daughter for the first and last time, tears bursted out from his eyes.

Rahul gave a hand signal to Tina in which she left the room leaving Avneet and her father alone.

"A--A--Av---Avn---Avne----Avneet. " he let out a cry.

"P---pa---papa." She stuttered.

Saying father was difficult for Avneet. She had never done it. She had never experienced a father's love. She had never understood this father - daughter relationship as she never had one until just now.Whenever, someone talked about their father, she would just ignore it. But today, she's finally meeting him.

"C---co---come here. " he called taking out the oxygen mask.

She slowly walked to him.

And it really surprised her when he hugged her.

"I am so sorry. I hope you will be able to forgive me someday for what I have done. I have realized my mistake. How selfish it was of me to leave Anjali alone in that situation. And you, you've never experienced a father's love before. But trust me, when I first found out that I have a daughter, my own daughter, I was more than happy. I've always dreamt to have a daughter and  I could never thank him for sending you. " he slowly whispered.

"Muhje maaf kar dena, Avneet." He apologized.

"No, no. You don't need to do it. " she said hugging her father.

Her father started coughing.

"Dad, wear the oxygen mask!" She immediately said.

Avneet helped her father to wear the oxygen mask. And she left him. But before leaving, she didn't know what happened to her but  she kissed her father's forehead.
Flashback ends.

"Avneet, I didn't know you would like your father in just a first meeting."

"Mom," she said hugging her.

The doorbell rang.

Anjali opened the door.

"Oh, Sonu come in."

Sonu had sneaked in from her home while Bhide was doing his yoga. Because she knew her father would question her a lot and Sonu wouldn't have answers to it to which he would find out that she had lied to him.

*Avneet phone rings*

Avneet : Hi.

Radhika : Hi Avneet. Please come to my home now.

Avneet : Why? Everything OK?

Radhika : Yes. Nothing's wrong. Just I have called everyone here for a meeting.

Avneet : oh k.

Radhika : Oh, and can you also please bring Sonu with you?

Avneet : oh k. She's with me right here.

Radhika : OK. Please bring her with you.

Avneet : OK.

Meanwhile At Sidd's house.

Sidd : Madhu, are you ready? Let's go to Radhika's.

Madhu came in downstairs quickly that she skipped a stair eventually falling into Sidd's arms.

Sidd : Madhu, be careful.

Madhu  moved her head closer to Sidd. He stood frozen. She leaned in, so her foreheads rests against his. They close their eyes. Both their breaths are shaking. "Thank you," she said in barely more than a whisper.
"For what?" He replied, his voice low and husky.
"For catching me." Her voice wavers, exhilarated from the tension between them.

He knew it was coming. A shy look before she pulled him closer and their lips met.

To Be Continued.....

This chapter was for you Jelsie_White 😘.

A Siddreem scene for all Siddreem fans. Hope you guys like it .

Also I have made a schedule and I will be posting this story every weekend. Maybe two chapters each weekend if I have enough time.