⎟ Chapter XVIII ⎢

Meanwhile Back To Avneet

Avneet had finished her breakfast, and had bought a bouquet of roses from the shop nearby.

Sidd had gone to the hospital for the charity.

Avneet had asked where the room was and was walking down the corridor.

The charity room was situated right beside Avneet's father room.
While Sidd was coming in talking on his phone with his girlfriend from the right, Avneet came in unnoticed from the left. Avneet was holding a banquet of pink roses.

As Avneet was making her way into the room, Sidd bumped into her forcing the banquet out of her hand. The banquet came undone and the roses scattered around them, red petals falling slowly all over them.

Soft, melodic music was playing in the background as if scene came right out of a cliche rom- com drama.

As Sidd stared into Avneet's doll like eyes, time stopped around them and they were only present in each other worlds.

Sidd dropped his phone as he - so obviously checked her out; From her perfect bouncy hair and her pink poultry lips right to her milky legs. Avneet blushed profoundly as Sidd scanned her and finally landed his hot gaze on her pink lips. Without realizing Avneet licked her lips and bit it.

"Avneet." Sidd growled.

"Oh Sidd, hi." Avneet said shyly, dropping her gaze to the tiled flowers.

What bring you here, Avu?"

That simple nickname brought back many memories to Avneet. She became suddenly angry and bothered. She hated herself for how he still made her feel after so many years.

"I don't think what I do concerns you anymore."

Avneet wanted to wipe that arrogant smirk off his face.
"How can someone be this hot?"

"I am just asking this as a friend , Avu."

That hurts her more than words can describe.

"My father is hospitalized."

"Y--Your father?!"

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" Avneet replied coldly.

"Erm, uh let me buy a new banquet of roses."

Her immediate response was a short "No" but something in her rubbed the wrong way. What could possibly go wrong by accepting the offer of an "old friend. "

A sharp "Yes Okay." ended their conversation.

Everything could go wrong if both of them still felt what they felt years ago...

To Be Continued......

I would like to thank Sweetend_Desert (Grace) for really really helping me with this. You're the best😘. I love u "My third choice." 😝. (Jk, u r my first after Flora.)

Anyways, will miss u so much 😭😭😭