⎟ Chapter XXVIII ⎟

Avneet's POV:

Sidd wrapped his arms around me in a moment and I let my head rest upon his chest. All my thoughts stopped as if my heart took over from my head when we were closer. He was asleep but he squeezed my hand as if he needed to check I was really there with him, really there and really real... and I was, body and soul.

I could wrap myself up in his arms and sleep more soundly than a baby. I guess that's attraction but it feels so deep, as if this were the start of a song that plays on and on, something so soothing to my soul. So I'm wishing on every rainbow, under skies of velvet cloud and acres of blue, that he's My Soulmate!

I slowly tip toed my way to the bathroom and quickly took a shower.

After 20 Minutes:

"Shit!! I totally forgot to bring my clothes. Now there's only one way."

"Sidd! Sidd! " I called but there was no response.

"Maybe he isn't here. I should just take my clothes quickly from the suitcase and go back."

I quickly took out my clothes and was about to go when I  collided with something hard. I opened my eyes to see Sidd's arms draped around my waist. He came close, running his hands up my bare arms, sending me shivers down the spine. Sidd linked his fingers into Avneet's hand and shot her a look that was all love, just the right hint of softness, a crease at the corners of his eyes.

Third person POV:

They were a starburst of light amongst the darkening dusk. They were all the stars in the sky condensed into a single point. They were everything and nothing at the same time. Together, they were both a beautiful dream and a catastrophic nightmare.

He Loved Her.
She Loved Him.
But maybe the destiny had planned something else for them.

They were disturbed by the knock on the door.
Avneet quickly ran to the bathroom while Sidd opened the door.

"Are both of you done? Come downstairs to have breakfast in the hotel and then we will go to the beach." Radhika said.

"OK, we will come in five minutes."

After having breakfast, they all headed to the beach which way so near from the hotel.

Avneet's POV:

The sand is the most gentle hue of gold, almost earthen and muted, the humble star of the scene. I love this beach. I love the driftwood that comes upon the buoyant waves as tiny rescue boats. Then there is the seaweed, that flora of those salty waves, as deeply green as any high summer foliage. Against the percussion of the waves was the laughter, coming in bursts and rolling like the ocean.

And then we all jumped in the water.

In the water I  had no worries, no drama, no boyfriend, no tension - it was just me and the cool water. I moved with robotic precision but organic fluidity, stroke after stroke nailed to perfection.

After swimming for a long time, we had lunch in near by restaurant.

And somehow, the time flied so fast that it was already evening.

In twilight the beach was tinted sepia, the sand more orange, the water darker, our skin soft to the eye. We sat there,Radhika to my left, Meher to my right, and then Ballu beside her and Sidd beside Ballu and Faisal beside Sidd just taking in the evening and chatting in our characteristic pattern, the laughs and the serious intermingled.

And the night came. Everyone had gone inside the hotel and there I am left. Admiring the starry night.

The cold onshore breeze blew right through Avneet's sweater and she bowed her head to one side, closing lashes weighed down with mascara to keep out the salty sting. The dampness of the sand was making its way though her jeans. Her hair fell loose about her face, tousled, tangled. She lied down in the sand and felt someone beside her.

Sidd and Avneet  lay in the moonlight, waves crashing the shore not far away, Sidd's arm draped over her waist. Avneet gazed at the face she loved so much. Sidd glided his hand over her skin to her face, brushing away a little sand.

Sidd's hand had migrated to her hair, pushing it back from her face. As always she dropped her gaze before meeting his, there was an intensity to it, like his love was kerosene and she was his only flame.

To Be Continued......

This was a Siddneet chap for all Siddneet fans.

Did you like it?

Do tell me your views on this chapter.

Till then,

Bye

Love you all