The Door Underneath the Palace

EMMA

CHAPTER 17

There is a girl around my age, my height, and the most unusual thing is that this girl looks like the same replica as me. However, she looks so sad every time she comes into my dreams. She doesn't speak like she is unable to talk. It's been a week now that I have kept seeing her.

Every day, she brings me to see different scenery of nature, but today she showed something very different. I was standing inside a forest everything I see was black including the trees and solid ground. The sky was blood red even when the birds fly in the sky they were black. Something about this makes me feel so uneasy especially when this girl that looks exactly like me was looking at me with a tearful gaze.

She touched my face crying, and I was confused with everything. Was she me? Or she just happens to look like me? She pulls me into a hug, and I let her. Why was she crying?

When I wanted to hug her back. A weird force pulled us apart like it was separating us. The roots of trees sprung to life and attacked her wrapped itself onto both of her hands and feet. I stood there looking shocked. I tried to run up to her. However, the roots pulled her into the darkness as she fights against it helplessly. When I reached into the dark forest to help her I woke up on my bed. Without realizing that tears have flown down my eyes. 

I rubbed them away and got off the bed. My feet seems to have a life of its own and I continued walking. I looked around the palace one last time and ventured into a dark corner my hand just touched onto the wall. Surprisingly, my body seems to know what I'm doing but my head doesn't seem so. I touched the brick wall and in the middle I pushed it in. To my surprise at the right side of a hole appear and a stairway build up on its own leading it to the underneath of the palace.

I took a deep breath. Something tells me that I what I'm doing right now could be very dangerous. However, this could lead me to the answers that I wanted to find. I took a couple of breath and walked down the stairs. As soon as I landed on the ground torches was brought to life. Then there were many small statues each resembling different animals. Then two caught my eyes one was my father summoned animal and the other was mine, Baishi and Kuro together their tails twirl together like a snake.

Something tells me I am wandering into a secret base. I took a deep breath and walked the one way hall and into another big room. Something blue was gleaming from one side, but I couldn't see it until I walked in the room. I gasp when I saw two mechanics inside the room there were waters inside with little bubbles inside. There were pipes connecting to the mechanics like they were used for something. I wanted to cry when I saw there were two bodies sleeping inside the two mechanics.

What's more shocking was that these two people looks exactly like me and dad.

What's going on here?