Schemes

JESSICA

Chapter 35

Standing over at the balcony I held a glass of wine in my hand slowly twirling and sipping on it. It's been a while since I last had alcohol and it's the perfect time to have one.

While the princess was having fun at the party entertaining her guest I just wanted some time alone. According to the princess I have to act as her girlfriend when her parents comes into the party.

I took a deep breath and looked at night sky. Eventhough, I was in hell literally it was just as beautiful as it was on Earth. There were moon and constellation it doesn't feel like hell at all it's almost exactly like Earth.

"Hey," the princess said looking at me taking my hand into hers.

"I thought you said-"

She just laugh. "I know to act more like a girlfriend when my parents arrived, but now that I think about its rather illogical we have to make everyone here believe that you are my girlfriend in order to convinced my parents."

"Makes sense," I said before taking the glass of wine to my lips drinking it all in one go.

"I'll take that from here," Lilith stated taking my drink away.

"Hey," I said in annoyance. "I need more drink."

"Don't get me wrong, Jessica, but it's my duty as your girlfriend to make sure you're alright. Beside what happens if you get drunk and spill out our secret then what will happen to our deal then."

I kept my mouth shut I knew it was true so I listened and stopped the argue. Lilith sighed and looked up the sky. "It's been a while since I last saw the night sky." I cocked my head.

"Really?"

"Yea," she sighed again her hand gripping onto the metal fence. "Everyday I had worked non stop unlike my older brother. I worked every single day and maintained that each villain gets the punishment they deserved. I never really had the time for myself until just recently my father told me to relax myself and I thought maybe I deserved a little bit of time to rest but I never thought that the reason they would want me to rest was to find a partner and to be married.

Now that is why I asked you to help me out, Jessica. I just can't marry to someone whom I don't love."

I listened to everything silently surely Lilith has it tough. She has a lot of responsibility and things needed to get done and just when she thought she could rest her family pushed her to get married. I know she is feeling pressured.

"But why don't you ask your friend to help you out why me?"

"Jessica my parents knows all my friends and that is why I chose you."

I laughed a little and she looked at me like I had too much drink. "Funny," I stated. "Instead of saying bought you said you chose." She gave in a sad smile.

"I didn't know what to do. I don't want to get married." She brought her fingers together clutching them. Seeing her in that state I place my hand on them.

"Relax," I whispered. "I'm here to help you to get out of this mess you can count on me." She smiled taking my hand lifting them up putting her lips on to them sending me a bunch of butterflies into my stomach. Was it normal to feel this way?

"Lilith!" A woman voice spoke and the both of us turned around. I could see the woman red eyes was startled matching the color of red empire dress with wide strap and satin waist band going along with blonde french braid bun. The woman looked gorgeous she and Lilith showed much resemblance.

Lilith just smiled holding onto my hands. "Hi mother," she greeted coldly. She had an icy attitude.

"Lilith! What is the meaning of this?" The woman raged.

"Mother, there isn't really anything to be angry about. I would just like to introduce someone to you. Mother," she said. "I'll like you to meet my girlfriend, Jessica." She looked at me. "Jessica this is mother Eva."

"Your grace," I bowed.

"Lilith explain yourself."

She grinned. "Mother didn't you and father wanted me to get married well this is the woman I want to get married. She is the love of my life." She voiced. Lilith pulled me into her forcing my body to arch with her hand behind my waist and my hand to her body to support my balance forcing my eyes to look up to hers. She looked at with love in her eyes and while my breath was caught in my lungs unable to move. Everything was moving slowly her face was only a few inches away from mine. "Jessica," she whispered there was a hint of rasp in her voice. "Would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

My breath came out shakily but my voice surprisingly came out well knowing that all of this was just an act. However, a little bit of me did catch my heart was beating a little faster than I normally would, but I still followed along with her smiling as I said. "I do."

Eva let out a screamed of distress. "You are not allowed to marry her, Lilith. You are not allowed to marry to a girl."

Lilith finally let go of me but held my hand tightly to hers enraging her mother even more. "But I already have, mother." Eva groaned taking in a couple of breaths before leaving the scene.

With her mother gone I looked up to Lilith. I never thought she has this kind of cold personality towards her own mother. "Do you really think that's a good thing to do, Lilith?" I questioned.

She looked down into my eyes. "There is no way I am going to marry to someone I am not interested in. But with that being said you were really good at acting, Jessica or were you actually weren't?" She smiles making my heart beating faster and this was definitely not normal. The only person who could make me feel like this is supposed to be with my husband not her not the princess of hell. I can't betray my husband. I can't betrayed my own daughter."So were you?" She asked again.

My feelings betrayed me.

NICK

Memories of Damien came flooding into me a little of bit me was terrified of it, and then that's where I made a huge mistake as a necromancer our feelings were already cold but I decided to make all of my feelings numb. Now no longer I am feeling sad, happy, or any joy. I turned off my feelings.

Lucifer came in to the door noticing that something was wrong and very quickly he slaps me hard in the face. It really hurt more than Jessica had slapped on my face before. "Turn it back now, Nick," he demanded which I did.

He quickly hugs me. "Listen Nick you really did make me happy when you first confessed to me but seeing you like this I can't take it. I don't want to see you unhappy like this. If you really want your wife back I can really let you go."

I couldn't. I held his hand. "No," I found myself say. "I want you, Lucifer. I want you. Don't ever dare say that to me." With Damien memories my feelings grow and my wife diminished it was as if I was returning to my old self and Nick gradually disappears. I had let Jessica down.

"Krayne," I called. Immediately my spirit animal comes out.

"Prince Damien," my Phoenix said.

"Is Nick diminishing?"

"Yes," Krayne answered slowly.

I am going back to the way I was.