Rebel

Nick

CHAPTER 23

I sighed as I rushed up to writer my report to my father. Today was finally the day for me to rest and slack off of my job as the crown prince. 

I shook my head awake as I started to feel sleepy, but I had no time to sleep. I needed to finish up the report and as soon as I finished up with this report. I get to go anywhere that I want and this time I want to go to Earth for their delicious cuisine that was supposed to be open today. I have to be quick since the food that they sell often sells out pretty quick.

When I was done with the report. I headed up to the throne room where my father was still busy as ever looking at papers that was sent by the court. As soon as I handed him the report. My father smiled.

"Wise choice, Damien."

"Thank you, father."

My father smiles and just let me go. I went out the of the throne room and headed up to my room. I went and put on some mundane looking clothes. Afterwards I use my power as a gatekeeper to open up a portal to the other side of the world. I roamed around the street looking at the people selling fruits and everyone was just living their plain simple life as a human. Sometimes I just wished that I could become human living in their just simple life.

As I headed to my favorite ramen shop. I observed everything and eventually for the first time ever a human actually caught my attention. She was so beautiful unlike most woman who had just simple beauty she held a strong elegance that belongs royal families.

I was captivated by her beauty but something about her eyes that tells me that she isn't a very happy person despite she was putting a smile on her face to hide sadness in her eyes. I drank the water down while waiting for the ramen.

Her eyes looked at mine and she looked shy for a moment coming towards me sitting down on empty seat beside me. We both remained awkward unable to talk until she broke the silence.

"My name is Natasha. What's yours?"

"Damien," I answered.

"Nice to meet you, Damien." 

I smile and we talked as we ate our food never did I know that we had so much in common, but I kept my identity from her. She looked over to my clothing and found the sword that hung tightly along with my belt.

"Are you a swordsman?"

I nodded. "It's dangerous for us not to carry weapons around when there are many people here that wants us swordsman dead."

"Hmm.. True," she smiles.

As we got closer and closer she came closer to finding out what I was. In the end I was left no choice but to tell her my identity. Afterwards, I have never thought that calamity would start after us.

My name is Damien Kritanta. I am the crown prince that I fell in love and started a family with a human, but not long after that right after my father had passed and I succeeded the throne. My people started dying and was being slowly extinct with this the only solution was giving up my life force to my people. As I was opposed to this. My people had chased to the ends of the Earth and threw into glass container for me to be unable to escape and fulfilled my  duty as the King of Underworld sleeping in the glass forever.