Effort

"I can't believe she's pregnant." Damon drank from his cup of bourbon. Typical.

"I can. Have you seen your sister, freaking gorgeous." Caroline scoffed. also she had already known, she witnessed Alissa's reaction to the new at her house the other week.

"Yeah it should be illegal for someone to be that pretty." Bonnie chirped in.

"She's not even responsible." Damon took another sip.

"Oh please, you're talking as if you are." Bonnie scoffs.

"Alissa has done a lot of stupid things, but we haven't had a decent conversation with her in actual years." Stefan sits down.

"She's definitely changed, she has a therapist for god sake." Caroline laughs, the Alissa she met would smack a human head off before it had the chance to speak.

"True, Susan is a great role model for her. Just what she needs. And the baby will have a granny." Bonnie saw the potential in her.

"Yes but is she ready to carry an actual human being?" Elena with her negativity comes in.

"Alissa doesn't even like you." Damon points out. "Also you don't get a say, she's our sister."

"They got a say." She refers to Caroline and Bonnie.

"They're her friends. Alissa would kill if it wasn't for us." Damon says oh so casually.

"And don't tell her that, we wouldn't want the mot powerful creature on earth coming after you. Again. Alissa always gets what she wants in the end." Stefan sighs, it's true. Alissa was a pro in getting what she wanted.

"Did she say who she was having it with?" Bonnie asks. Caroline tried not to react to the sentence in which she succeeded. Lying wasn't her best quality.

"Doesn't matter. She's not ready for a freaking child." Damon throws his hands out.

"Okay, she's old enough for one, she's financially stable for one and she can protect it better than anyone on earth. Why haven't you got any faith in your own sister?" Elena was actually sticking up for Alissa.

"You're right. Alissa will take care of this, in the mean time, I'll be waiting for another call." Damon grabs his phone, shaking it before leaving the room.

***
New Orleans: Mall

"Why would I need adult diapers?" I ask, why would anyone recommend that?

"Quite embarrassing to admit darling, but I actually peed myself a lot during my pregnancy." Susan says, I burst into a fit of laughter. I do hope this doesn't happen to me.

"It's not funny. It's the truth." Susan laughs.

"Okay. But I don't think I'd need these." I put the diapers back on display. "Fine."

"I called Leroy, told him you were in a crisis. I'm staying here for a week." She tells me. How generous. I hug her, a few tears escaping my eyes. I've never had someone care for me this much, someone who drops everything to come to my rescue. I mean there's Stefan and Damon but even I know I was never their priority. There was always someone else.

"Thank you. No ones ever been this kind to me, they've had an excuse though." My voice cracks as we pull away.

"When someone truly cares about you they make an effort, not an excuse." She wipes away my tear, rubbing my arm soothingly. I've never had this.

***
3rd PoV

Klaus walked in Alissa's room as she slept peacefully. Her wild brown hair all over her face, Susan sleeping at her right. The two looked like mother and daughter.

She was so beautiful, so perfect in his eyes. He loved everything about her, he was in love with her.

He took a minute, admiring her before leaving the room.

A/N Tell me what you think of this chapter.

Still don't know about Hayley and Elijah sksks we'll figure that out tomorrow.

Klaus is in love with Alissa!!!  WBK lmao😂