Tears

A/N Please vote and comment on Home | Legacies

Alissa's PoV

I still hadn't told Klaus about the twins.

"Where are you going, fancy?" I ask as I walk in his room to see Klaus dressed in a fancy suit and tie.

"Party at the compound. Marcel is hosting."

"Ooh party, I'm coming." I smile, atlas something fun.

"I don't think that's a good-"

"I don't think I care." I smile, leaving the room to go get ready.

***
3rd PoV

Rebekah, Alissa and Klaus enter the party, arm in arm, taking in the dark, wild atmosphere. Acrobats perform, dancers handle exotic animals, and confetti falls glittering upon the party guests. Susan had chosen to stay at home.

"Well, this certainly is a fitting backdrop for tonight's events, I must say." Klaus says.

The three spot Cami as she enters the party, wearing white angel's wings and a vintage white beaded dress. Rebekah and Alissa looks pleased, but Klaus' smile falls.

"What's she doing here?" He asks. Why does he care? Alissa thought to herself.

"What better way to distract Marcel than to put his very human, new girl in a room chock full of vampires" Rebekah and Alissa crosses the courtyard to greet Cami.

"Hello, darling. You look precious." Alissa compliments the human.
Marcel notices Cami's arrival from a balcony above.

Cami makes eye contact with Klaus, and nods at him.

"Is he the infamous on-again/off-again?" She says, Alissa's eyes widen and clears her throat awkwardly.

"That I am. And Alissa is right, you look lovely." He comes forward.

"You clean up pretty well yourself." She flirts. Alissa felt extremely uncomfortable, her hand resting on her stomach.

"Well, don't be fooled, love. I'm the devil in disguise." He flirts back. Rebekah looks at Alissa with sympathy.

"You two chit-chat. I need booze." Rebekah leaves the three alone. Klaus completely ignored Alissa.

"Shall we?" He asks Cami to a dance.

"Okay." Klaus offers his arm and Cami takes it. Leaving Alissa standing alone.

***

"Alissa Salvatore." Marvel appears, a huge grin on his face. "Have seen you in a lifetime." He laughs bringing me into a hug.

"You haven't aged a day." I take a step back looking at him.

"Well you know it's the ageing cream." He laughs. "Care to dance." He holds his hand out.

"It'd be a pleasure." I took his hand in mine, having full eye with Klaus. Payback is a bitch.

***
Walking through the party I saw an old face. Maya?

"Maya?" I came up to her. She looks at me with shock.

"Oh my god. Alissa?" She asks, shocked.

"Hey." I hug her. God I've missed this girl. I saved her when she was young, she was a werewolf, one just like me.

"I missed you." I laugh.

"I missed you too, 'Lissa."

***

Cami drinks a pint at a bar, still wearing her gala finery. Klaus enters the place and sits next to he

"Cami— "

"Don't even try it. I get the bro code. You're here to smooth things over for your friend. It's very nice of you, but-"

"-But you've been hurt before, and you aren't taking any more chances. " he finishes off the sentence.

"Something like that. The guy I saw tonight—not the guy I thought he was. And if he can turn on a dime like that—"

"Sounds like more than just a broken heart. Someone broke your trust. Camille, the brave bartender."
Cami and Klaus stare at each other. Cami swallows, looking like she might lean in, but Klaus blinks and breaks the moment. He almost forgot about Alissa.

"I'm sorry... But I need you to give Marcel another chance." Cami clears her throat.

"Wow. I totally misread that." She felt embarrassed.

"No. You read it quite well, but we all have our roles to play.You went to Marcel's. You danced. You feel badly that he had a row with his friend, but otherwise, all you remember is that it was perfect." He compels her. Alissa watched through the window as he admitted he would've kissed her if it wasn't for business, she felt as if her heart had shattered.

Walking into the mansion she couldn't help the silent tears from coming out. She walked into her room, and straight into Susan's arms.

***
3rd PoV
Klaus walks by a room where Alissa is reading a book. "Hey I learnt something." He doesn't turn around.

"Two babies, a girl and boy." He shares a small smile, a little me and Alissa he laughed to himself.