Bayou baby doc 1

At the Mikaelson mansion, Klaus stares at a large painting in his mansion as he talks to Cami.

"Over the course of my life, I've encountered no shortage of those who would presume to speak of good and evil. Such terms mean nothing. People do what is in their best interest, regardless of who gets hurt. Is it evil to take what one wants? To satisfy hunger, even if doing so will cause another suffering? What some would call evil, I believe to be an appropriate response to a harsh and unfair world." He paces as the words come out his mouth.

"No offense, but I'm not sure I follow why you've invited me here." Cami disliked Klaus after she found out he let her flirt in-front his pregnant on and off. Regardless of the fact she was not herself that night due to Rebekah's compulsion she was more ... confident.

"Because I enjoy your company. And I sense that you have the capacity for understanding someone of my... complexity. You see, I returned to New Orleans to investigate a threat posed against me. What I found was a young woman, pregnant, in need of protection. My brother, always the do-gooder, tried to manipulate me into helping her—he thought it might redeem me. Trouble is, I've since learned of another young woman—a girl, really, one with vast potential—held in captivity by a tyrant. I want to help both of these women—protect one and free the other. So, tell me, Cami—does that sound evil to you?" He tried to justify his actions.

"I don't believe in evil as a diagnosis. I think you have unstable personal relationships, stress-related paranoia, chronic anger issues, fear of abandonment. I think you could benefit from talking to someone. Professionally." She says.Klaus smiles.

"I think I prefer to talk to you. So, I'm going to offer you a job, as my stenographer."

"Okay, what are we writing?" She asks.

"My memoirs, of course. Someone should know my story. And it will give us time to discuss other riveting subjects, like your handsome suitor, Marcel." He says.

"Excuse me? My private life is– "

"Your private life is, as it turns out, essential to my plans. You see, Marcel wants you. And, because of that, he will trust you, which serves me. The thing is, the French Quarter is on the verge of war. On the one side there's me, and on the other, Marcel. Along with a very powerful witch and an army of vampires." He doesn't realise Alissa is as powerful as she is.

"WHAT?" Klaus zooms over, pushes her against a wall, and compels her.

"You're frightened. Don't be." He compels her.

Cami is puzzled,"I'm not scared anymore.That's... amazing. How did you...?"

"It's called compulsion. It's a neat bit of vampire trickery. I'll tell you all about it. But first, let's talk a little more about Marcel."Cami stares at him.

Alissa helped Susan pack the other night and the two said their goodbyes. It got a bit emotional but Alissa blames the hormones. They hope to see each other soon.

***
Alissa sits on the couch, flipping through a book as she talks to Agnes; at the table, Rebekah sits and types on a laptop.

"I told you Agnes, I feel great! If you ask me one more time I'll freaking tear out your tongue, Talia Hale style." She threatens.

"You are overdue for a checkup." She persuades her.

"What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant hybrid escorted by a witch—nothing to see here!" Alissa snorts.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours." Rebekah joins in.

"I know a doctor out in the bayou. Off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it." Alissa thinks for a moment and rolls her eyes.

"Okay, fine. Bayou-baby-doctor it is."Agnes and Hayley leave the room.

A/N part two comes soon. Thank you for 19k !!!!