chapter 2

I'm sitting in the rec room. It's 11:30 and I'm waiting to go home. If I can call it that.

"Tania." I look up to see Sarah. I roll my eyes.

"What do you want Sarah. "I muttered.

"That's my seat. " She says.

Ok pause. We have a rec room for each sector of the prison. There are five sector's a, b, c, d, and e. In these rec rooms we have an area where we have chairs. Each chair has an inmates name on it. And occasionally they get changed.

"This one has my name on it. " I snarl at her. She smirks and rips off the tag. I get up. I stand toe to toe with her.

"Don't mess with me today. " I growl.

"Why not. Because you don't want your precious date moved again. Ha. "She smiles.

" Funny for you to say, you don't have a date. "Her smile drops. I smirk.

" Awe, now look whose sad. You can't get out of here all because you had to kill your parents. "Her face gets red.

" Girls! Break it up! " Her guard came and pushed us apart. She  glares at me.

"This isn't over."she said.

" Yea. It is because after today you ain't gonna see me again."

"Davis!" Right on cue. I smirk and do a little wave.

"It was nice knowing ya Sarah. " Sarcasm.

"Let's go Davis! "Williams yells.

" Oh shut up I'm coming! "

"Keep up with that attitude and you won't get out untill later tonight! "

"Yes sir. " I salute when I'm in front of him. He smile a little smile.

"Go get your stuff packed. Then I'll take you to the release office. "I nod. He unlocked the doors and walks me to my cell. He unlocks my cell and I walk in to see a couple boxes next to the bed. I push my hair behind my ear and put my hands on my hips.

" Are you okay? "I look up.

"Yea. I m just..." I sigh and sit on the bed.

"Just what. " He comes to sit next to me.

"I'm just kinda afraid. "I admit.

"Afraid of what? Davis are you sick or something? " He touches my forhead. I swat his hand.

"No I'm not sick, it's just all I've known was this place and now I'm going out into the world and it scares me. "

"You talked to the counselor about what happened when you come across thing that'll tempt you right? "He asks.

"Yea, but what if it doesn't work? " I really am scared because what if it really doesn't and I get caught. I can't go to jail again.

"Then you'll end up in prison. Except you won't come here. "

"I'll go in with the big boys huh? " We laugh.

"Yea but I don't wanna see you in prison. "

"I don't either. "I reply.

"Then make sure you don't go back to your old ways. "He nudges my arm.

"I'll try. "I nudge him back.

"And go to school. "

"I'm not making any promises. "

"Well make one because I will personally make sure you go to school. "He ruffles my hair.

" Ok stop. "I chuckle.

"Well come on. Your brother is waiting. "

                ----------------

I was dressed in plain grey sweatpants and a plain white v-neck t-shirt. My hair was in a loose ponytail at the nape of my neck. I was carrying a box and so was Todd. We were walking down to the release office where me and Andrew would sign papers and get my court date where they would put me on house arrest. After that court date I will never see Todd again. It's overwhelming because all I've known was this place and Todd. But I had to get out some time.

"Hey." Andrew says when I walk in.

"Hey."I say.
"You okay? " I shrug.

"I will be. "

"Tania. We have to get these papers signed. " I set the box down and walk to the window thing. I grab a pen and sign where they tell me to. Then Andrew does the same.

"Here's all the information regarding your court date and everything you need to know about being on house arrest. Other than that you are free to go. " The female officer says. I nod. I pick up my box and they lead me out to Andrew's SUV. We put the boxes in the back.

"You'll see me in two days. Until then try to get that shopping done. And don't get into any trouble.  " He says.

"Not making any promises. " I say and he grabs me into a hug. I slowly pull back. He nods and turns to walk away.

"Wait." I grab the folded piece of paper and slip it into his hand. I turn and hop into the SUV.

"You ready? " Andrew asks.

"Yea."I say.

"You'll be okay, you just have to adjust. "

"Yea but will it be easy? " I look over at him. He continues to drive.

"I don't know. I'll always be here though. If you ever need anything. "

"Are you sure? "

"That is something that I don't tell a lot of people. I had no one to really be there for. No one that I really cared about. Now I do. " I look at him. Like really look at him. I don't see any hint that he's lying.

"I don't trust people easy. Especially went I went in. It took me a year to trust Todd. "I look at him warily.

"I will do everything in my power to make sure you trust me. All I want to do is be there for you. Especially through this transition. "We sit in silence for 5 minutes until he turns into a gated mansion. I stare in awe.

" Woah. "He just smiles.

" Come on. Well get you situated then we can go shopping. "He grabs the boxes and walks ahead of me. He somehow unlocks the door and pushes it open. This house just amazes me.

He continues his walk up the stairs and I follow. He goes all the way up to the second floor turns left and stops at the 4th door on the right. He opens the door and sets my boxes down.

I go stand in the middle and look at the king sized bed on the left and the sitting area on the right with a flat screen tv mounted on the wall. At the far wall there are bookshelves sith a mini fridge. On the opposite wall are 2 doors right next to each other I see a desk on the right side of the bed and a night stand on the left. Last but not least there is a all crystal Chandelier. He sits on the bed and pats the spot next to him.

"You like it? " He asks.

"Yea."I smile.

"You don't have to answer, but what did the paper say? The one you gave your guard. "

"It had something that I wrote. I wrote it last night when I couldn't sleep. It said:

I wanted to keep with my brother but he's living now without me,that stuff makes me sad, I wanna go home but I'm scared I'll come back cause thinking before my actiions is something I lack, but when I get out I can be successful and I'm gunna try to make my brothers life less stressful, I'm gonna be something they told me I couldn't be,I'm gunna prove it, y'all gonna see ."