chapter 40

"I'm going over to Asher's. So only call me if it's important. "I tell the girls as I'm getting my phone and everything.

I spent the night at Nichols last night because I was just too tired to go home. Asher just called me and said that his dad is doing work at home and will fit this 'meeting' into his schedule so I got ready and now I'm leaving to head to his house. (Outfit ⬆) 

I got into Nichols Audi and put Asher's address in the GPS. I take off down the road. I text Asher that I'm on my way. I'm really curious as to why we look like each other. I know we aren't related at all though because my mom never had another kid. And the last name Davis is common. This has to be just a coincidence.

          ----------------------------

It's not a coincidence. Me and Asher are twins and I'm completely pissed off at the explanation my 'father' just told us.

Ok here's the shit. Mathew, Asher's dad, is my real dad. He and my mom were in a relationship when his parents were dead set on marrying him off to this woman named Tamera, just because she was rich and had a high social status. My mom found out she was pregnant and they thought that his parents would let him marry my mom instead. That however was not the case. They could not have cared less. So they came to an agreement when they found out it was twins. Mathew would take one and my mom would keep one. And if he ever found a way to get out of the marriage, he would come back and we'd be a big happy family. Well turns out, on Mathews and Tameras honeymoon, she got pregnant. He decided to stay with her. Now that kid is known as Mason. They also have like 3 or 4 other kids.
"You're fucking joking. " I say and lean forward. We are sitting in the living room of their big ass mansion. They live on the next street over from Dylan.

"No I'm not. I'm sorry you had to find out this way. I tried to contact you years ago but I found out your mother had remarried. I think you guys were about 7 or 8. How is she now? Your mother. " He asks. I shrugged.

"I wouldn't know. " I say. It's true, I wouldn't because she died.

"What do you mean? " He asks. I look at Asher then back at Mathew.

"She died when I was 9." Just when he opened his mouth, my phone rings. I told the girls to only call if it's a emergency. I take my phone out of my pocket and see 6its Landon. My heart beat speeds up. I look at them and they nod. I answer it.

"Hey, what's up? "

" You need to get to one of the safe houses now! "I hear yelling and people commanding people in the background.

" Why? "

"The cops arrested Trey and your girls. Dylan was on the phone when they were there . I called Geo, Gabe and told them to leave. Dylan said you weren't there and Trey wasn't answering. Dylan just called me  from the police station and confirmed that Trey is there and that they were asking about you. I'm busy here because I had one of the guys members on my land. They are planning an attack. Tania you have to get out of there. They are going to arrest you for murder. "I start to hyperventilate.

" I didn't even do anything last night. I fucking told you so Landon. Did I not fucking tell you that someone was gonna find him. There couldn't have been a witness. "

"Yes, because no one was watching for them before I did it. "

"If I get locked up, I swear Landon" There was a knock at the door. I look at the window and see red and blue lights.

"Don't answer that door. " I say.

"What's going on.? " Asher asks.

"The cops are here. " I say and hang up on Landon. Mathew gets up to answer the door. Fuck. I look at Asher panicked..