chapter 38

"I don't know if I'll be back before the snow storm. I have some people to talk to and a girlfriend to confront. I love you. " I say to Andrew and kiss his forehead. I grab my coat and backpack and head out the door. I go to my Mercedes and throw my bag into the car. I start the car and call Asher. He answers on the third ring.

"Hey." I put my phone on speaker and set it in my lap.

"Hey I'm on my way home if you wanna stop by. "

"Yeah just send me the address and I'll be there. "I nod forgetting he can't see me. I facepalm.

" Ok I'll te- "I cut myself off. I slam on the brakes and lay on the horn.

"What the fuck! Can you not fucking see the stop sign!? " The grey sedan with the guy tries to go when I start to go. I stop again.

"It's not your turn to go you asshole!? I'm supposed to go! " I lay on the horn again. He speeds off and I reach down to pick up my phone that fell to the floor when I stopped.

"What happened? " He asks.

"This asshole doesn't know how to fucking drive. Anyways like I was saying... I'll text you the address when I get home. "I take a right turn down my street.

" Ok I'll see you later. "

"Ok bye. "

"Bye." He hangs up and I pull up to the gate. I put in the code and wait for it to open. I text the address to Asher and open the garage. I park and close the garage door then grab my bag and go into the house. I run up the stairs and throw my stuff on the floor by the door and run to my closet. I grab some pajamas and go to take the fastest shower I've ever took.

15 minutes later, I just finished putting on all my clothes and towel drying my hair. I take out my extensions and set them on the counter. I'll let those dry. I run the towel through my hair one more time when I hear the doorbell. I throw the towel in my bathroom and head down the stairs. I open the door to find Asher.

"Hey. Come in. " I said he comes in and I shut the door behind him.

"Hey. How was your day.? "He asks and I smile and I sit on the couch. He comes to sit on the couch with a fair amount of distance between us.

" Small talk? "

"Or I could just start with the questions. " He says.

"Yea. I'm not one for small talk. " I run my first gets through my damp hair.

"Did you cut your hair? " He asks. I chuckle and shake my head.

"No I wear extensions. I always have. I've never had the patience to let my hair grow. " I pull my right knee to me chest and lean back against the arm of the couch.

"So, your last name is Davis? " I nod.

"And yours is too? " He nods.

"When's your birthday? "

"June 9th. " His eyes widen.

"Mine is too. "

"Ok. " I say adjusting my position by sitting up and folding my legs under me.

"This has to be a coincidence. We both have the same color hair, eyes, some facial features, birthday, and last name. " I break it down counting then off on my fingers.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say we were twins. " He says.

"Wait. Are you 17 or 18? " I ask.

"I'm 18. Mason is 17."

"This is crazy. "

"It is. " He says.

"You live with your parents right? What if we go and talk to them to make sure this idea we came up with is just purely coincidental. "