chapter 20

I get to my car and get in. I start it and speed out of the driveway. Cadens door still open.

"Slow down. " He says as we get to the corner.

He manages to close his door. I speed around the corner and all the way to Dylan's house. For some odd reason the back streets are nearly dead. My  gun is in my lap, Caden is just staring at it. I slam on the breaks once I get to Dylan's house. I put the car in park and shut it off. I'm still shaking.

"Are you ok? "

"He just tried to choke me to death. He expected the house to be empty do he could get his hands on me." I grab the gun and my shoes and get out of the car with  Caden following.

" Andrew wasn't home? "

"No. He leaves for work at 5." I open the door and go upstairs. I make my way to Dylan's room. I hear music as I get closer. I slam open the door and turn off her stereo which was on a bookshelf near the door.

"What the hell? " Se sits up.

"He tried choking me. He tried choking me while Caden was in the kitchen and he didn't give a damn! " I shout. I throw my shoes on the floor and my gun on the bed. She stares at it.
Q
"Did you shoot him? Tania, you can get locked up again. " She grabs it and put the safety on.

"No I didn't shoot him. I can't go back there. When I was leaving he said he was going to kill me. He said that I can count on it. As long as he's there I'm not going back and he's not gonna leave until he kills me. "

"We need to go to the police. " Caden says.

"No. I'll get locked up . They will go through the whole house as evidence and I'll get locked up for shit I have in my room. "

"What do you have in your room? " Dylan asks.

"You know. " She nods.

"What? " Caden looks at me.

"Think."

"Weed? " H asks.

"Yes. And other drugs let alone the guns. " I sigh.

"Guns. As in multiple. " I nod.

"What was Landon doing at your house? " Caden asks.

"Wait. Lamdon was at your house? " She asks.

"He drove me home from the party because I was completely smashed and fried. " I say.

"And she slept with him. " Caden puts in.

"No I didn't. "

"You and Landon... What? Oh my god! Ahh Hahahahaha" Dylan starts dying of laughter.

"That's not funny. " I say. Just then my phone rings. I look at it and it's Andrew. I sigh before I answer.

"Hello."

"Hey were going to a gala. "
"No."

"Yes you are going. "

"I don't want to go to a gala. "

"Well I don't care because I already have a dress and a hair and makeup stylist on their way. You are going to come with no complaints. "

"Fine."

"So come here now. Oh and you need to go to school. Remember they call me every time you skip.. " I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Ok I'll be there. " I hang up.

"He wants me to go to a gala and I can't say no. He won't let me get out of it. So I gotta go. " I grab my keys and I go the three room I am staying in. I grab the keys to my Mercedes.

"Caden! " I yell for him.

"What? "

"I need you to drive my Bugatti back to my house. "

"Ok." He takes the keys from me and I put some shoes on. We go downstairs and I go to the garage while Caden goes outside. I hear him start the car and I open the garage door and pull out with Caden following.

              ---------------

"I can't believe I am at a gala. " I mutter.

"Smile. They are taking pictures. " Andrew says to me. I smile as real as I can. Some guy comes up to Andrew and says something to him Andrew nods and the guy walks away.

"I am going to talk to the host. She and I are good friends. She made the dress your wearing. " Andrew says.

"Good friends huh? "

"Yes. Now I will be right back. "

"You're gonna leave me here while you go pound some chick. "

"Go socialize. " He says.

"I'll be sure to tell everyone what you're doing. "

"You better not. "He says walking away.

I sigh but start walking around. I don't socialize because I don't feel comfortable in this environment. All of a sudden. I see Devin coming towards me. He finally reaches me and grabs my arm very discretely.

" Let's go have a little 'talk'"he says. I don't want to make a scene so I just followed him. We finally come to the end of this long hallway and he opens the door and shoves me in the room. It's like a office type room..

"You little whore. No boy here to save you this time. " He swings and punches me in the face. I cradle my face in my hands.

"You really think you can run away from me?! "He punches me again. Then he just starts wailing on me. At this point I just let him. I can't do anything. He just goes and goes and goes. Eventually he stops. I am a bloodied mess on the floor.

" Andrew better not find out about this. You'll be sorry if he does. "He walks out of the room without another word.

I try go get up but everything hurts. I need to get out without anyone seeing. I eventhally get to where I'm standing and walk to the door. There is a sliding door 2 feet to the left of me while everyone here for the gala are hundreds of feet away. This couldn't have gone any better. I unlock and open the door. I close it behind me and go around the corner. I get to the street and realize I can'tcall a cab. I take off my heels and start running down the street. I run and run and run. I just keep running and I never look back.