chapter 45

I'm sitting at the bar and Elijah is sitting next to me. The thing is he should've left. We have been here for maybe a hour of us flirting then I finally decided that I would hook up with him. He then told me that he didn't want to hook up because I was his best friends sister. I am actually cool with it. Playful flirting isn't bad. Anyways so I get my drink and go find the girls. They were talking to a group of guys.

"Hey bitch. " I say to Kai.

"Hey where were you.? " She asks.

"Not hooking up with Elijah. " I roll my eyes.

"You can do better anyways. Your ex is hot. " I laugh.

"Yea totally. Call him tonight saying I want him when I already told him no so many times. " I say. I sip on my drink already feeling buzzed. I want to get shit faced but it can wait until tomorrow.

"Yea. But come on let's dance. " She grabs my arm and we squish through bodies to the middle of the dance floor. We're dancing and I'm trying not to spill my drink when I feel someone behind me. I turn my head and see Elijah. Like what the fuck dude. He said he doesn't wanna hook up so why is dancing with me? I let it go. It just dancing. About 10 minutes and Im sweating and in tired and I need another drink. Elijah turns me around to face him.

"I told you I don't want to hook up. " I raise my eyebrows. Is this dude for real.

"I know. I'm not trying to hook up with you. You're drunk, you obviously don't remember telling me that earlier. I walked away." I say.

"Then why are you all over me? " I scoff.

"Are you fucking serious right now? You're the one who came and started dancing with me. Go and dance with another girl who you want to hook up with. " I turn around and grab Kai's arm.

"Let's go I need a drink. " We go over to the bar. We find a empty spot.

"So do you wanna tell me what happened? " I shrug.

"Later." She nods.

"What would you gorgeous ladies like to drink? " I chuckle.

"Long Island iced tea. " I say.

"Gin and tonic. " Kai says. I look at her.

"He's kinda cute. " She says when he goes to make our drinks. I smirk.

"Here you ladies go. " The bartender sets our drinks in front of us.

"Are you single? " I ask. He smiles.

"Yea."I nudge Kai.

"Can I get your number.? " She asks him. I choke on my drink. I didn't think she was actually gunna asks. He gives her his number and I lead her outside. We sit at a empty table. I pull out a cigarette but I can't find my lighter.

"I left my fucking lighter at home. Do you have one.? " She searches through her purse and hands it to me. I light my cigarette and take a drag.

"So what happened? " I sigh and shrug.

"I don't even know. We were The the bar earlier like he was all over me then he said he doesn't wanna hook up because I'm his best friends sister. And I was like ok I got my drink and left. Then when we were dancing he was like I told you I didn't want to hook up so why are you all over me? " I roll my eyes and take another drag. I flick the ashes I'm the ash try on the table.

"Wait. The dude is crazy. He's the one who started dancing with you. He was all over you not reversed. " She says. I set my cigarette in the ash tray and pull my hair up in a messy ponytail.

"That's what I said. It's whatever. He can hook up with another girl and I won't give a shit. " I take a drink.

"I think he wants you to beg him or something. Unless he's drunk and trying to do some kind of reverse psychology. " I scoff. I take a drag.

"The dudes not that smart. "She snorts.

" So what about your ex? "I roll my eyes.

" Well the whole time he was cheating with Mindy. "

"Dylan's twin? " I nod. I put out my cigarette and take a sip of my drink.

"Yea. He admitted to being with her when he wasn't with me. Like we fight all the time over the dumbest shit. I was just over it. I was done. Like Halloween. His parents took Tyler for the night and after we dropped him off he dropped me off at my house and he went over to Dylan's and was with Mindy. Then he was with her at the party. So I slept with Sarah and he knew. But at that point I was done. I didn't care."I shrug.

"I just think you're emotionally drained. I think you still are. You need to take time for yourself. Not only did you have to deal with him and his bullshit you also had to deal with your brother and what happened. I think it's good that you came on this vacation. You needed to get away. But what happened after that? I want the dirt. " I snort.

"The next morning I had to go pick up Tyler. So while his mom was getting Tyler ready, I went to talk to him and we basically talked it out and we just agreed that it was time an anullment. So that next day I took him the papers and left. "

"Wait, you already had the papers? " Her eyes are wide. I shake my head.

"Andrew hooked up with my lawyer. " She nods.

"Continue." I roll my eyes.

"I gave him the papers on Sunday. Okay so, Monday after the whole Landon thing he shows up at my house and the papers aren't signed. I'm just like what the fuck why aren't they signed? You know. He's all like I wanna make sure this is what you really want. And he tried giving me the ring back. We got into a whole argument and I threw the ring he signed the papers he asked for his shit back so I went to get it and threw it all down from the second floor and had a meltdown. "

"Oh my god what? "I nod.

" He apologized and said he'd always be there for me. And now he just wants to prove to me that he wants me and only me. I don't know. Like you know about my father and brother right? "She nods.

" Dylan told me about it. "

"Yea so now he's always hanging at my fathers house. It's like I can't catch a break. "

"Do you want him? " She asks. I cross my right leg over my left and shake it a little. I think about it a little. Do I really? Is that why I'm messed up about what happened. Or what? I nod my head.

"Yea I do, but not like this."

"Yea. You guys need to mature before jumping into another relationship. That's what I learned with Davon. We were both young and immature and we didn't know what love was. I think after having Tyler I really grew up. I was 16. And he just didn't want to grow up. He didn't want be a dad. "

"And he didn't deserve you. Because you a beautiful girl and a wonderful mother. He lost something good over an addiction. "

"Okay enough girl talk. Let's go take some shots and get fucked up. "I grab my drink and chug it down. I set the cup on the table and follow her into the club where she orders a round of shots.