chapter 61

"Are you going to Dylan's? " Andrew asks. Finally today is prom. Yesterday I went back to the mall with Caden to get his tux because he waited for the exact last minute.

"Yea. We're all getting ready there. "I'm outside putting the box with my dress in the car and my box of shoes. My duffle bag with all of the stuff I will need. We all got suites  at a hotel in Manhattan.

" Am I allowed to come and take pictures.? "I look over at him amused.

" I'm sure you are. All of the moms including Tamera and my father are going. "I say.

" You called your stylist? "I nod.

" Yep. She came over and tried different styles for my hair and makeup. I couldn't choose which one I liked so I told her to surprise me. I really like Amy. "He smiles.

" I'm glad. Well I'll be there in a couple hours. I gotta go to the office first. "I nod and kiss his cheek.

" I'll see you later. "I move around the car and get in. He goes over to his car and gets in we both drive out and go our seperate ways. I drive to Dylan's house and park out front. Nichol and Briana cars are here. As far as I know the guys are at my dad's house down the block. I grab my stuff and kick the front door so someone will open it. Dylan's mom opens it and smiles when she sees me.

" Hi Tania. "She steps aside so I can go in.

" Hi mamma. "

"They're upstairs the stylists just got here . " I nod. I go upstairs as she closes the door and bust through Dylan's door. The stylist are setting up stations while the girls are taking showers. I already took one before I got here.

"Just tell me when you're ready for me. " I say and collapse on the bed.

It's been 45 minutes since I got here and only Nichol is ready. We are currently figuring out how long we have left for the five of us to get ready.
"No it's 4 and we leave at 7. It starts at 7 but it takes us around 40 minutes to get there. We literally have 3 hours to get ready. " I finally say. I knew this was gonna happen. We were gonna run behind.

"So everyone needs to hurry. Tania come on get up and get your shit done. " I stand and go sit in the chair in front of Amy.

"So bun or ponytail. You never said the other day. " I think about it. Then I remember I told her to surprise me.

"Surprise me. " She nods and gets to work.

           ----------------------

So I'm not going to bore you with the annoying details of our parents taking pictures. Or the limo ride over here and me trying to convince Dylan that I'm not sleeping with Caden again. And when I say trying to convince her, I really mean myself because he looks so hot in that tux. I sigh. This is going to be a long night.

"Come on. Let's go inside. " Caden grabs my hand. We've been standing outside taking pictures. We follow Dylan and Asher, yes he asked her to prom, inside. The prom committee did great. Right as we go in we see most of the senior and junior class.

"Where's Nichol? She said she'd find us a table. " Dylan yells over the music. I shrug. We search for her for a second and I spot her across the room. I nudge Dylan.

"She's over there. " We walk across the room saying hi to people as we pass by. I set my clutch on the table.

"Oh my god. I don't need Mindy's bs right now. She needs to turn around in the next 2 seconds. " Dylan starts. I put my hand on her arm.

"I punched her twice in the past 2 weeks and I'm not afraid of getting thrown outta prom. "I say.

" I don't really want my date getting thrown out of prom. Thank you. "Caden buts in.

" Hi twin sister. Twin sisters friends. "Mindy stops in front of the table.

" What do you want.? "Alexis asks.

" I want all of you fake sluts to withdraw your candidacies for prom queen. We all know who the real queen is here. "She smirks at us.

" We all know it's not you. "Nichol says.

" Your head is so far up your own ass... "Dylan starts.

" Whatever Dylan. Just do it. Or I will make all of your lives hell for the rest of your high school career. "She turns and walks away.

" I can't wait to show her up. One of us needs to win this. "Alexis says.

" Who cares. She's not worth it. If she wins, oh well. "Isabella says.

"I agree. She's the only one who's still going to be living the high school fantasy after we graduate. I don't want to waste anymore time on her. " I say.

"Damn look at you all grown up. " Nichol says.

"I just don't care anymore. I'm done with all this drama. " I mutter.

"Come let's dance. " Caden pulls me towards the dance floor. Just as we get there a slow song cones on. Rush by Lewis Capaldi starts to play. I wrap my arms around his neck and we start to sway. I start to think about what's going to happen after graduation. Will we all still talk? Will we still be friends?

"What's on your mind? " Caden cuts off my train of thought. I look up at him.

"What's going to happen to all of us after graduation? " I ask. He sighs.

"I don't think about it. "

"Why? "

"Because it makes it real. " He says.

"Makes what real? "

"The fact that where really not kids anymore. That we're adults and we have to move on. That this chapter in our life is over and we have to start a new one. " I smirk at him.

"What? " He asks. I shake my head.

"You've changed. You6re not the annoying asshole I met almost a year ago. " I say.

"You changed me. " He says. I shake my head.

"I wasn't trying to. I thought the bad boy was the one person who could never change. "

"Some can. I did. "

After that little conversation we were dancing until my feet hurt. Right now I'm standing on the stage waiting for them to announce prom queen. Mindy is glaring at all of us. We don't care. I lowkey just want to get outta here. I'm so tired.

"Alright everybody settle down! Settle down! It's time to announce our king and queen! " The principal says into the microphone. Once everybody quiets down he takes an envelope and opens it.

"This year's prom king is.. " He takes the paper from the envelope and opens it.

"Jordan king! " Everyone starts to cheer and clap as he steps up. They set the gold crown on his head. I'm surprised that Caden didn't win. But I lowkey voted for Jordan. And I don't plan on telling Caden that either.

"Okay! Okay! Quiet down! " Everyone quiets down. This is it. The moment Mindy gets shown up.

"This year's prom queen is... " He pulls the paper from the envelope. I see Mindy step firward from the corner of my eye.

"Alexis Thompson! " I laugh. I actually laugh at Mindy face. Well everyone's face. The shock. Oh my god.

"What?! " Mindy shrieks. Alexis steps forward and they set the tiara on top of her head. And she actually turns around and sticks her tongue out at Mindy. Yes it's immature but I would've done the same. Mindy stomps off the stage and me and Dylan hug Alexis. We all go to dance as the music starts playing again. I don't care if my feet are killing me. I'm going to have fun tonight because I don't know when I'll be able to hang out with all my friends like this after graduation so I'm gunna make the most of tonight.