chapter 3

I'm leaving the court house with Andrew. I go on house arrest today. I have the rules in my hand. I can't do this, I can't do that. Yada yada. I zoned out most of the time. I'm walking to Andrews SUV when someone says my name.

"Davis! " I turn and see Todd. I smile a little.

"This is the last time I'm seeing you. "He says.

" I guess it is. "I say.

" Hey. Don't shut down. Just follow the laws and rules and you won't get in trouble. "

"I don't follow the rules. "I state the obvious.

"I know. But for your brother's sake I hope you do. " He hugs me and I hug him back tightly.

"I have to go. " He pulls away.

"Bye Tania. " He gets into his squad car. I turn and hop into the SUV. I see a couple guys across the street. They look about my age. It looks like they were walking.

Andrew drives out of the parking lot. I notice the guys staring. I turn back and turn in the radio.

                    ----------------

At least I can go outside. I just can't go past the sidewalk. Oh well. I'm outside sitting on the steps. I have Andrew's laptop. I'm ordering more stuff with the credit card he got me.

"Hey! " I look up and see the three boys from across the courthouse. I roll my eyes. You can see the house arrest device on my ankle.

They come up the driveway and stop in front of me. Andrew forgot to close the gate. I don't even know the security code for it.

"You're the new girl huh?"One of them asked.

" I'm not new. I was just gone for a while. "I reply.

"Then why have I never seen you before. "

"Because I left when I was 14." I continue scrolling through Amazon.

"I still never seen you at school. "

"I barely went to school. " I stand and cross my arms.

"Why? "

"Shut up Jordan. " Another said.

"What's your name? " The same dude asked.

"Tania.what about you? "

"I'm Jaden and he is Caden. "The thing I find odd is that I notice their names rhyme. I shake my head.

" Why are you at my house? "I ask.

" We were curious about the girl we seen at the courthouse hugging a cop. "Caden said.

" I know him. " I shrug.

"How."Caden asks.

"Why are you asking all of these questions. "

"We just wanna know. " Jordan says.

"So how do you know the cop? " Jaden asks.

"He was my guard. " They look at each other.

"Guard for what? " Caden smirks.

"Don't act like you don't know. I had a guard, I came out of the courthouse and I know that you know that I'm on house arrest. "They all smirk.

" You went in huh? "Jaden asks.

" Naw. I'm on house arrest for no reason. "I roll my eyes.

" Yea. I like her. "Jordan says.

" You guys can leave now. I have stuff to do. "