Chapter 2

Sweat was beading on my pale skin. I woke up with a racing heart and short of breath. Ever since I've been on the run, chilling nightmares fill my head. Actually, I should be saying nightmare. I don't understand it at all. I'm running through a dark alleyway and the Enfirma are catching up. Suddenly, everything freezes, and I'm the only one moving. I keep running but I'm trapped. My muscles stop working and it feels like I'm stuck in quick sand. I'm instantly frozen.

That's when it comes. A dark cloud covers me and images flash inside it. Images of the Rebel War. I try to get away from the darkness but I'm stuck. I can never let that happen to me, being 'stuck' somewhere because I know it'll kill me.

I steadied my breathing and stood up. I knew it was going to be a hot day today. I stretched my muscles as the position I was sleeping  in last night was extremely uncomfortable. I looked out in the distance and I realised I need to move quickly. I took my back pack off my shoulders and placed it onto the ground. I grabbed the map to Incendium which was located on an electronic tablet. I need to get out of this city, and fast. I searched for a city that I haven't visited yet and a name popped up. Verto. It would be a long journey, about three days if I walked it. But I have other plans. I remembered that at the bottom of the building was a midnight-black motorbike. You don't see those everyday.

Ruler 1 has gone out of his way to get rid of all old transport. So trains, cars, buses, motorbikes and more have been destroyed. He replaced them with a kind of technological car. the car's are only meant to fit onr person and only important people drive them. The less lucky people have to walk from place to place. Ruler 1 does this so we can't really move around Incendium.

I climbed on top of the brick wall surrounding the roof and dived off the building, like I was to dive into a pool. Wind suddenly gushed out of my hands and I was slowly gliding to the motorbike. My feet touched the dark pavement next to the motorbike. I examined the piece of machinery before me. It'll be easy to hot-wire it and thank goodness I learnt how to drive one of these when I was 13. I hot-wired it in under five minutes and I jumped onto the silky leather seat. I placed my hands on the handles and I started the engine. I made a wish that I won't crash the motorbike. I cleared my thoughts and concentrated on the bike.

I have to go south-east to get to Verto and it'll be about a half hour drive. I got the bike moving and sooner or later, I was flying down the road at top speed. I held in the screams when I mad sharp turns and diving down hills. I loved the gush of wind blowing in my hair and the powerful sensation when riding something like this. The scenery was bland, just your everyday Incendium. People were staring at me like I was mad, we all know we shouldn't break Ruler 1's laws because the consequences are dire.

I was having a great time and I had nearly arrived at my destination before I saw what could cost me the motorbike. I swore under my breath, Ruler 1's soldiers were blocking the road to Verto. They were all in the plain grey uniform with a red stripe across their eyes, showing loyalty to the Ruler. Most important people to the Ruler have that thick red stripe. I slowed down the speed of the bike as I thought of an idea. The soldiers noticed me and started running up to me and the bike rapidly. I stopped the bike I held my palms out, like I'm gesturing them to stop. My hands shook as a jolt of energy ran through to my hands. Earth. This time, I'm manipulating the ground around them.

The terrain below the soldiers began to quake and they dropped to the ground. "Earthquake!" One of the more weaker soliders yelled. I chuckled under my breath, oh how wrong they were. I aimed my hands to the ground and it started to sink, with the soldiers inside. A hole was created and it got deeper by the second. My hands were shaking to much for me to continue so I closed my palms and returned my hands to the handles of the bike. I started the engine once more and drove around the mile deep hole.

'Verto' The sign read as I entered the town. It looked exactly the same as the last town but this one was more affected by the war. The buildings I was driving around were still covered in ashes and were half burnt. I was a little scared in this town, it's like Ruler 1 hasn't even bothered to look after it, which is strange for him. I turned into an alleyway before I heard weird noises from the bike. Splutter splutter BANG! I jumped off the bike terrified and I let the bike crash to the ground. I slowly treaded to the fallen bike and the red light flashing on the panel came to my attention. It was out of gas.

"No no no!" I screamed as I kicked the bike, I was too close to the boundary of Verto. I took a deep breath in and sighed, looks like I'm walking.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

Teaser for chapter 3: Krista finds out something about Verto that she didn’t know existed.

Thx for reading!!!!! On the right is a picture of Krista (Alexandra Daddario).

Hugs

HT12