Chapter 32

I felt blood trickling down my back as I tried to scream out for help. Matt covered my mouth with his hand as he dug the sharp blade deeper into my back. "You really should've been dead a long time ago." He maliciously whispered into my ear and then he carried my disabled body over to the alleyway wall and smashed my head against the hard brick.

That's when things blacked out...

---

I felt something secure my hands. I could smell the horrible scent of decay. The distant drip of water drilled through my ears. I opened my eyes slowly but all I could see was darkness. A searing pain shot through my back and I screamed out in agony. I tried to recognise my surroundings. I was in a cell with no windows and no means of light. Just a small wax candle dimly glowing in the corner. I was shackled up to the wall. My legs and hands were secured with steel chains. There were metal gloves covering my hands, disabling movement but also my powers. It wasn't a big drop to the floor, I was probably eye level with something...or someone.

There was a door right in front of me. I heard muffled voices from outside and then a lock being turned. I got ready to see who my captor was.

Footsteps.

An eerie shadow.

A pearly white grin.

Lights immediately blurred my vision and I had to look away so my eyes could adjust. "Marlee, we meet again." A deep voice bellowed. I turned my head towards the source of the voice. "Wrong prisoner-" I glared at the man and my eyes widened with shock. "Ruler." I spat out his name.

"Dear Marlee, but it is you who is mistaken. That mind-wipe certainly did work."

Wait, mind-wipe?

"I might as well explain what happened. I'll give you that. You will die today. And I thank one person for handing you in. Matt I believe is his name." Traitor. I stayed quiet and an awkward silence fell between us. Ruler 1 came up and walked to me, looking business-like in a suit. But that suit will have blood on it soon, my blood.

"You never knew your parents. Well, you did, but they were killed. Sad how they died, killed each other, but I was behind all of that." My heartbeat picked up and I felt the anger inside me rise. "But they were very bad people Marlee, your parents. They weren't loyal but they also held your powers. I killed them to give those powers to better hands, mine. But the traitors gave you their powers. But I never knew a little four year old possessed such power. So I sent you off, to be forgotten. Only a few years later, I heard about your- development.

"And now, I have you here, and I'll finally have your powers. And that means, I'll finally have obedient followers." He chuckled a deep and evil laugh. I started swearing and saying horrible things to the evil man standing in front of me. The man with greying, brown hair and dark brown eyes...Where have I seen those before?

"You sick and twisted man!" I screamed after I finished my rant. He was just staring at me with a bored expression painted on his face. "You done now?" He asked rhetorically. "Three hours and then you'll be executed, in front of the whole of Incedium. But for all of the trouble you've caused me through the years, and now your little stunt with the Fortum, a little payback will be given out."

The devilish man started laughing his evil laugh.

I was then left to be tortured.

-----

Zach P.O.V

What just happened?

We were running out of the building and once we got a safe distance away, Krista and Matt were missing. Sure, I don't really care, but they are still part of the team. An hour later of Hilary crying over Emet and me worrying that we'll be heard and captured, Matt returned from the shadows, with blood dripping off his hands.