Chapter 36

I quickly backed away from the computer, my head spinning. As I was walking backwards, I tripped on a piece of medical equipment and I was sent falling to the bleach-smelling ground. I hit the hard, cold floor with a thud. I groaned as my head spun quicker.

"Are you okay Krista?" I heard Zach call out. "Marlee." I muttered under my breath. "Marlee Kresin." I said a little louder, testing it out. "Krista!" He repeated, worry laced into his voice. I looked up to the spinning ceiling. "Marlee, Krista, Marlee." I played around.

I spotted a fuzz of colour appear in my view and I tried to focus on it. The blur which I realised was Zach kneeled down and picked me up like he was cradling me. But before we left, he went to the computer and grabbed something from it and stuffed it in his belt.

I closed my eyes as Zach carried me through the corridors, which felt like they were getting darker and darker by the minute.

-----

Zach P.O.V.

Krista was light to carry. So running through a one-way hallway with her wasn't hard. But I was scared. Scared of this place, of what they do here to innocent souls. Before we left the room, I grabbed a flash-stick that was plugged into the computer. The flash-stick contained the information that can get rid of my father once and for all.

It didn't take long before I reached a fire-door, but the dripping noise was now buried deep into my mind. I opened the door by pushing it with my shoulder. I looked at the sight in front me.

Light.

Fresh air.

Warmth.

I felt the sunlight fall onto my face and I smiled. But then I took a good look around. I was in the middle of no-where. But, the Middle of no-where has some of the most impressive security. It would've been helpful if my teleporter worked, but it has a maximum use policy. Once every three months.

I quickly looked for a way to the woods on the other side of the brick wall. But for some reason, the usual heavily-guarded wall is deserted.

"Zachary!" I heard someone call out. I turned around to find the source of the voice and I was spotted with a man. But more like a boy. He was wounded beyond repair and blood covered his face. I walked careful steps towards him and I nearly had a heart-attack when I realised who it was.

Liam.

"What happened?" I exclaimed. Liam sighed as he relaxed into the wall of the alleyway we were standing in. "The soldiers got into the hospital after it caught fire. All doors are immediately unlocked when there's an emergency. We tried running but it hurt too much for me, my shoulder is still killing me. The soldiers got me with their knives. I pretended to be dead as the soldiers ran after the group of people going through the exit. I wasn't the only one acting dead. The ones who were smart got out after the soldiers were gone. They helped me out here, but dropped me off, they didn't need me. If only they knew who I was." Liam explained.

"We need to get out, do you think your up for it?" I asked him. He shook his head. "Liam, we are getting out of here, if you do or you don't. If we get Krista up, then we have our ticket to freedom."

I placed Krista on the ground and looked at Liam who had a questioning look on his face. "She fainted." I stated and he nodded understandingly. "Get something that has a strong smell, that should hopefully get her up." Liam said calmly. I looked around the alleyway and spotted a large garbage bin and I made my way over to it.

I stuck my head inside and found a bag of who knows what. I grabbed it and held my breath as I carried it to Krista. I dangled it over her nose and immediately, her eyes flew open. She started gagging so I threw the bag to the corner and helped her sit up.