Chapter 8

Krista P.O.V

The light turned on. I woke up as I heard the rest of the girls groaning. I groaned myself, I need to wake up early tomorrow and it would be nice to have a few more hours of shut-eye. I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling until I felt a hand on my foot. I looked over and it was Becky getting my attention. I climbed down the ladder to the ground and I noticed the girls standing around the door. I walked around and stood next to Becky who was in a daze.

I turned my head to what she was looking and my heart started beating faster. It was a guy. He had short, dirty blond hair with streaks of dark brown through it. He had gorgeous brown eyes that I could stare at all day. He was a little taller than me but he had a good body, I could see through the too-tight uniform. He had a smug look on his face as his eyes swept over the girls but his glare stopped at me and his soft lips parted a little. He looked to the ground and a light blush covered his cheeks.

One of the girls, called London, I found out who had a pixie cut walked up to this hot mystery man. "What's your name?" She flirted as she ran her hand up and down his muscly arm. I turned to Becky and she was trying to hold in the laugh. I had to take a deep breath to holdin my giggles. "Zach," he replied in his charming voice. I could just melt. I could tell his a ladies man and I guess I will have to keep reminding myself so he won't end up breaking my heart. "I need a bed, which one's are free?"

The girls started squabbling around trying to make the new guy comfortable. I leaned against the bed frame as I watched the others. Zach noticed this. "You there, why don't you help the others settle me in?"

Ignore him before you get hurt I repeated in my mind. "I'm not your slave, do it yourself." His face dropped from his cheeky smile to a frown. "No girls ever talked to me like that and I don't like it."

I laughed, he's pathetic. He walked over to me until we were only inches apart."Don't mess with me." He growled. "I should be saying the same thing, I'm not some weak play-toy like the rest of the girls you flirt with."

With that, I placed my palm on his chest and I felt the buzzing feeling in my hand. He was quickly thrown to the wall, hard. The wind I created was strong enough to push him far but not too strong to hurt him. He hit the wall and landed on all fours. He looked up at me and steam was pouring out of his ears, he was angry. The girls helped him up, including Becky. They surrounded him as I yawned. I looked back to my bed and I started climbing the ladder. Zach's eyes never left me. "Goodnight Zachy," I called out, teasing him. I aimed my hand at the light and a rock formed in  my hand and it launched and hit the light perfectly. The whole room went pitch black and I fell asleep to the screams and curses of the girls.

----

The door opened and the artificial light from outside poured through the room. "Get up the two newbies." A voice boomed through the room. I ignored the command and gripped onto my pillow. I felt another cold hand on my foot tugging at me. "You better stop or I'll burn your whole hand off," I threatened. The person went too far. They pulled my foot to hard and before I knew it, I was falling to the ground. Luckily I took my palms out in time. I stopped in mid-air, hovering inches off the floor. I felt the breeze coming out of my palms keeping me weightless. I use wind most of the time, to fly. I love the feeling of flying. No one else can experience it and I'm privileged for it.

I closed my palms and dropped to the concrete floor. I groan escaped my lips as I landed on all fours. I stood up slowly, still half-asleep. I looked to see who was the culprit for pulling me out of bed.

Zach.

He had a wicked grin sprawled across his face as he tried to hold in a laugh. "You." I shot him an evil glare. I felt a pillow hit the side of my head and I looked to the place it was thrown. "Leave already!" The girl called Jade with long black hair yelled. I looked to the door and Matt was standing by it, looking at me. "We're already late, get your shoes on and let's go!"

I slipped on my cargo boots, not looking at if they were mine. They were way too big for me and the left boot felt oddly bumpy under the sole of my foot. "Hey." Zach was walking over to me and he knelt down and pulled the boots off me. I accidentally put his on. "I-I'm sorry," I muttered as he shot me a look. They looked exactly like my own. He grabbed his boots as I put my own on. "Let's go newbies," I heard Matt yell again as he looked to an old-fashioned watch on his wrist. 

We all walked out of the door and down the tunnel, closer to where the grate was. We reached door number 1 and Matt typed a code in to a panel next to the door-frame. This has been the only room with a code. The panel beeped and the door unlocked. Matt opened it carefully as he gestured the rest of us in. Hilary and Emet were already there. Emet was looking down at a tablet and Hilary was tapping her foot impatiently. "You finally decided to come," she yelled in frustration. 

"We have four full days of training, then one day of briefing and finally a day to yourself. Clear on that?" Explained Hilary. We nodded in response. Hilary looked over at Emet and whacked his curly head lightly. "Are you listening? You two have to go through physical training also. You might have to do the techy stuff but what if you come across soldiers on the way? Huh tech boy?" She teased him. He looked up to her and shrunk the tablet so it was small enough to fit in his pocket. 

I got a good look around the room. It was massive! Simulation cubicals were located all around the room. The floor, ceiling and walls were made of contrete. Sound would echo off the walls loudly. In the middle of the room was a large blue mat, perhaps for hand combat. "I'll be training you guys. Lucky for you, father taught me all he knew." Hilary boasted, rubbing it in Matt's face. I guess he never learnt. He rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"There's clothes for you guys to change into for  training. Over in the corner." Hilary gestured to a clothes rack connected to the wall. Four uniforms hung there. They were all black, obviously. Three of them looked the same. It consisted of a muscle shirt and black cargo pants. The one on the far left was a tank top and short shorts. We walked to the clothes rack and we picked up a uniform. "Where do we get changed?" I asked. Hilary laughed, "here." I felt my cheeks heat up, I don't want two attractive guys and a geek staring at me as I get undressed. Hilary noticed my shyness and laughed. "Uncomfortable newbie?" 

I ignored her as I looked around for some privacy. Emet started getting changed on the spot, he wasn't shy, that's for sure. Matt and Zach were looking at me. Zach had his signature grin plastered on his face. "Come on...wait, what's your name?" He was joking but I wanted to slap him so much. But I also wanted to kiss him so much. I shook that thought out of my head. "The names Krista." 

I gave in and I started getting undressed and Zach whistled. I wanted to cover up my body and run but I quickly pulled the shirt over my head and pulled the shorts up. Matt and Zach had already put their pants on but they were in the process of taking their shirts off. Once they did, I had to stop myself from staring at their abs. I guess I'm not used to looking a guys, especially their muscles. They put the shirts on and we were all ready.

"Ready to train?" Asked Hilary and we nodded in response.

---------

Hey everybody,

Teaser for chapter 9: First training session and something happens to Krista.

How's the story??? Keep reading, it does get interesting!!!! Vote if you are enjoying the story!! To the right is Adam G Sevani, the actor who would play Emet.

Hugs

HT12