Chapter 20

Zach P.O.V.

"Zach." I heard someone whisper. My eyes opened and I looked to my left. Krista was sleeping soundly, she's so beautiful when she sleeps. I'm really surprised a guy like me could get a girl like her. I really love her, I've never been so in-love before. I'm not good enough for her but I will keep her for as long as I can. I feel like a girl admitting all this but I can't help it, I love her so much. Matt was blind for wanting more than what they had, friendship. Now he's blown that. But I gotta say, at least I won't have to compete with anyone else. Wait, scratch that, I've seen the looks that guys around here give Krista. She's drop dead gorgeous, I know why they would want her. So now, I will always be close to her, no more deserting her, especially after what happened last night.

"Zach." The voice was a little louder. It wasn't Krista but it was female. I carefully unwrapped my arm away from Krista and sat up in bed. I was still in my clothes and they were absolutely uncomfortable to sleep in. I'd rather go shirtless as I usually do. I looked down and I saw the red-head girl standing there, with her arms crossed over her chest. I recon the bell would ring at any second, I could hear a little commotion outside of the people who go and train earlier in the morning.

'What do you want?" I asked. She looked upset. "We need to talk." What does she think she is waking me up and especially when I was with Krista? "Nup." I responded coolly as I laid down back in bed. "Get down here now unless you want me to say something to Krista about you." She threatened. I sighed as I sat up but the bell rang. Krista's eye's fluttered open and looked up at me. She smiled. "Good morning." She greeted. I smiled as I grabbed her hand and kissed it. She blushed as I started walking down the ladder. I jumped halfway down and I ignored one of the girls who was flirting with me, the one with a bob. I walked over to the red-head. What's her name again? It started with a C or was it a B? Crap, I can't remember.

"What do you want to talk about?" I said in a monotone voice. She sat her arms on the back of my neck and kissed me. I tried to pull away but she was one strong girl. "Matt was right." I heard an upset voice say behind me. I finally pushed Becky away and turned around. Krista was staring at me with disappointment in her eyes.

"It's not what it looks like." I pleaded. Krista turned around and ran away, tears pouring down her face. I ran after her, giving Becky a dirty look before she shrugged."Krista!" I called out after her as she ran to the grate. She hopped out and I did the same. A gush of wind hit my face but it wasn't real wind, it was coming from Krista. She was trying to push me away. "Go away!" She screamed. I pushed past the wind and came closer to her. She stopped and aimed her palm to herself. Oh no. I ran to her and brought her into a hug, making sure her hands were away from herself. She tried to push me away but I held onto her tighter.

"Get off me!" She yelled and I obeyed her as I opened my arms. "You will never stop being a playboy, will you?" She screamed, horribly upset. My heart shattered. I took a step towards her but she took a step back. "Krista, I'm so sorry, I should've stopped her-" I didn't finish my sentence before Krista raised her hand to quiet me. I stopped as she lowered her hand. "I think we should take a break from this relationship. You rushed me into it too fast Zach. Friends, and that's how it'll stay...for now." I was heartbroken, I really stuffed up this time.

"Krista-" "Save it, we can try again later, once you learn how to give up your playboy self." She yelled as she ran to the grate and jumped down. I didn't follow her...

---------------

Teaser for chapter 21: Krista makes an important promise to herself regarding someone. Their last training session until the mission. And throw in a little twin bicker...

So this is short ;) Thx for reading!!

So I know you all probably think the love is rushed but there is a good reason for that. Zach has...(I'm not spoiling anything!) If you really are upset that the love is rushed, comment with feedback!

HT12