Chapter 19

Everyone was quiet. You could hear a pin-drop in this silence. Hilary looked at each of our faces, searching for anyone who disagrees. I looked around also, the only one with a sour face was John. "We can do this guys, we've been training for over three months." Zach piped up. I nodded my head in agreement. "Let's go get the Fortum!" I said enthusiastically even if it sounded a little sarcastic. John dismissed the meeting and Hilary explained that our last training session will be tomorrow after breakfast. We started fleeing out of the room but Matt grabbed my arm loosely. I spun around. "You remember our little date, don't you?" He asked. "It's not a date Matt." He shrugged. "Well let's go."

Matt took me outside and we walked to the grate. I turned my head once and I saw Zach walking towards us a far distance away. He really is going to spy on us. I turned my head and looked at Matt, he hasn't noticed Zach yet. We reached the grate and we hopped up and sat down on the ground above ground. I stretched my legs out and yawned as Matt came and sat next to me. "What did you want to talk about?" Matt looked down at his hands. "Krista, I love you." My eyes widened. I was kinda expecting this but still, it shocked me. Now how will I tell him the truth without breaking his heart?

I opened my mouth to speak but Matt shut me up. "I really wish you return the feeling. Zach is nothing but a playboy that's using you. You would be perfect with me Krista. I have power, I practically run the Subsisto. I love you Krista." I sighed. "I would never love someone for power, Matt. I wouldn't care if he lived on the streets. What you say about Zach is not true. He cares for me. Matt, I'm sorry, but I just don't return the feeling." I started standing up to leave but Matt pulled me down. He was red with embarrassment, I could see it under the moonlight. I also saw anger, a lot of anger. He has steam pouring out of his ears.

"No, that's not true. That playboy pig you date has brainwashed you. You deserve me!" He yelled. I was scared. "Matt-" I began before he pulled me closer to me. He ran his hands down me and my heart beat quicker by the second. "Get off me Matt!" I screamed. He started kissing my neck and I screamed out a help. He looked at me and covered my mouth. "Shut up if you know what's good for you. I have the power to kill you in seconds." 

I was absolutely terrified. I bit his hand and screamed as he pulled his hand away. I heard a noise from the grate as Matt grabbed me tightly, running his hands down me again. I started crying, I don't like this at all. The grate flew open and I saw Zach's head pop out. He saw me and the colour drained from his face. He jumped up and ran to us. He put his arm around Matt's neck but Matt elbowed Zach. It gave him time to let go of me and jump up. "What the hell were you doing!" Zach yelled. A devilish grin covered Matt's face. "Your girlfriend seems disinterested in you so she came to me."

Zach saw through that lie and punched Matt square in his face. Matt's nose started bleeding. Matt punched Zach back and they were fully fighting. Problem, they both have been trained in hand combat. But Zach will always be the better fighter. I watched on as Zach nearly knocked Matt out. Matt backed away after being beaten to a pulp. "You two are going to regret this, especially you." He said as he pointed to me. Matt fled down the grate. Zach ran and stood me up. He brought me into a hug as I cried into his chest. I have never been so violated in my life. I froze, I couldn't do anything. I felt so useless. "It's okay now, Matt's gone." He soothed. I hugged him tighter as the tears started to stop.

"Zach, what is he going to do to me?" I sniffled. "I don't know but I will not take you out of my sights. I will make sure he'll never come close to you." "Zach, I am not disinterested. Don't believe what he said to you. l really do like you. But I'm not ready to say the L word yet." I explained. "Well, I love you Krista. I love you so much. I have never been so sure of my feelings." I smiled as I let go and Zach wiped the tears off my face with his hand. "Zach, could you sleep with me tonight? I don't feel safe by myself." I felt my cheeks burn but Zach smiled, "I would love to Krista."

We jumped down the grate and closed it. Zach picked me up bridal-style and walked me to our room. He put me down when we reached the door. I opened it quietly as we tip-toed to the ladder to my bed. We climbed up and laid down. Zach placed his arm around me and I snuggled into his chest. Zach kissed my neck. "I love you." He whispered. "I like you too." I replied. I closed my eyes as Zach brought me closer to him.

----------------------

Teaser for chapter 20: Zach and Krista go through a rough patch in their relationship because of someone close to Krista. Do they overcome this problem?

This chapter was a little short... We will be in Zach's head next chapter!!!

I want to dedicate this chapter to two people. My greatest writer friends, @gerricaaa and @usernamehere07. Without these two beautiful people, my writing would be absolutely boring!!! The amazing people have awesome stories that you should go check out! Thanks for supporting me through this story!

HT12