6

{Em}

I put my charm in my ring.
"Just concentrate on where you want to go." Shelby says. I focus on the spot across the room but nothing happens.
"How long did this take you to learn?" I ask
"A couple minutes, but that doesn't matter." She says, "Just keep trying and you'll get it." I go back to focusing on the spot but I stay in the same spot.
"Can we try something else?" I ask
"Sure." She says, "Let's try making a shield dome."
"Ok, how do I do that?" I ask.
"Just focus-"
"Is there anything magical I can do that doesn't require focusing on something for an hour?" I ask
"Their's art magic but it's complicated." She says
"What do you do?" I ask.
"You draw a magic symbol in the air and slam you hand against it." She draws something and hits it, a small breeze blows through the room.
"Ok, what's a symbol I could do?" I ask
"Try a time freeze." She says, "I can't activate it because those aren't my powers but it looks like this." She draws a circle with swirls that look like flowers inside.
"Actually, try activating this one." I hit the symbol, everything freezes for a second before unfreezing again.
"That was great, you did it!" She says enthusiastically.
"Shelby, we need you out here." Lizzie pokes her head it. We follow her back into the main room.
"What is it?"
"Scott." Shelby sits at the computer and logs in.
"Welcome Shelby-"
"Now's not the time computer." She opens a file and looks at it.
"Update scan." The picture disappears, then reappears.
"What's going on?" Callum asks
"You can't filter someone's blood when they're unconscious, something could go wrong." She says, "But we don't have a choice now. We need to." She projects the file onto the big screen.
"He was hit very close to three main power points." She says, "If the blood spreads to those spots he could loose his powers, but not like, he has magical energy but he can't use it or anything, he'd have nothing."
"So we need to filter his blood before he looses his powers." Lizzie says
"There's more." Shelby says
"There's always more." Lauren says
"His healing powers are the only thing keeping him alive right now." She says, "None of the Guardians have ever seen this kind of Phantom beam before, not even Ursa, Greta, and Chase. Not only does it make Phantom blood take over someone's blood stream, it takes over them."
"Which means?"
"Which means we need to filter his blood fast and remove the beam residue faster or we loose Scott."

{Possible Trigger Warning}

{Reni}

I walk in as quietly as I can but the floorboard creaks and give me away.
"Shit." I whisper.
"Where have you been?" He towers over me.
"I was out with some friends." I say.
"Who is he?" He asks
"I told  you, he doesn't exist." I say harshly. He grabs my wrist and holds it tightly between us.
"Don't talk to me like that girl." He lets go sending me stumbling me backwards, my wrist is red. He walks into the living room and takes a sip of beer. I start walking to my room. He puts his arm around my waist.
"I'm sorry Baby." He kisses my cheek.
"You're drunk." I say
"That never stopped us before." I pull out my phone and my sword. He lets go and backs up.
"Touch me again and I'll call the police." I say
"You won't get rid of me." He says, "Without me you're nothing." I stare at him for a second, my sword disappears and I walk into my room.

"Reni, Reni are you ok?" Rose asks over our coms. I sit up and look around my room, he definitely came in while I was asleep.
"Reni, answer me." My heart starts pounding and I start breathing heavily.
"I'm coming over." She says. I turn on my light and just sit there. I was asleep, he wouldn't have. Someone pounds on the door. I get up and peak out into the hall. He groans and opens the door.
"Renegade, where are they?" Rose demands.
"Who?"
"Don't play with me." She says sternly, "Where are they!" She waits for a second before pushing his aside and running down the hall.
"Reni!" I open my door.
"I-I'm here." I say
"Thank god you're ok." She says, "Get dressed and get your stuff, we're leaving." I pull on a sweatshirt and some sweatpants, grab my phone, and follow her down the hall.
"Where are you going?" He grabs my wrist.
"Let go of them or else the first thing I do when I get back to the castle is have you arrested." Rose says sternly.
"Princess-" He lets go of me.
"Save it." We walk out.

As soon as we get in the car I start crying.
"It's ok." She says soothingly, "You're safe now." I lean on her and she puts her arms around me.
"Are you physically hurt?" She asks
"No." I say
"Ok, we're almost there." She says.

{Trigger Warning Over}

I lay awake, staring at the ceiling. It doesn't feel real. Rose rolls over and puts her arms around me. I shift away, she opens her eyes and sits up.
"Oh gosh, I'm sorry I-"
"It's ok." I say, "I just can't sleep." She sits facing me and holds out her hand. I put mine on hers. Honesty corner, we have to be completely honest with each other.
"Do you wanna go first?" I ask
"Sure." She says
"Secrets." I say, "Not the worst ones, just secrets."
"Fine." She says, "I was hit in the fight."
"What?" She waves her hand over her left arm, it turns purple.
"Why didn't you say anything?" I ask
"Because it was already too late." She says, "I was hit with a special kind of beam that takes over where someone was hit."
"But we have healers and magic. I-"
"All of us are helping Bolt." She says, "She still has a chance, my arm is gone."
"Rose-"
"Your turn." She says, her arm returns to its normal color.
"Ok, uh... Jackson, the guy at the house, I stayed with him because he stopped me from killing myself." I say
"When?"
"Last year." I say, "And a couple months ago." Her fingers interlock with mine.
"I'm sorry." She says. I stare at our hands for a second.
"What's gonna happen to your arm?" I ask
"I'll have to amputate it before it spreads to the rest of my body." She says
"But this is your dominant hand." I say
"So I'll get a magic prosthetic." She says, "It beats dying." I nod.
"We should get some rest." She says eventually.
"Ok." We lay back down, still holding each other's hand.