17

{Bea}

"I'm heading out." Auni sighs
"Ok, love you." I say
"Bea."
"Yeah?" I look up at her.
"Don't overwork yourself." We kiss for a second.
"I won't." I say
"Bea, I mean it." She says
"Fine, no promises." I say
"Of course." She says, "Love you."
"Say hi to Rebecca for me." I say
"I will." She disappears.
"That's supposed to be five." Daisy points to a three.
"Yeah, thanks." I yawn.
"Tired?" She asks
"Yeah." I sigh, "It's been a long week."
"I feel that." She says
"How's your song going?" She sighs.
"I haven't even started yet."
"Need any help?" She laughs a little.
"Sorry, that's like me asking if you need help on your computer stuff." She says
"Yeah, that's fair." I say, "Hey, can you still do that mind-control thing?"
"Yeah." She says, "Have I used it on you? No. Have you ever changed an event in my life?"
"No." I say. There's a scream from down the hall.
"Uh... Ursa?"
"Sorry." Ursa walks in, "I was just aggravated." She wraps her fist in a bandage.
"Is your hand ok?" I ask
"Just a little bruised." She stands in front of the mirror and looks at her neck and arm.
"I'm gonna go get a pizza or something, you guys want anything?" Greta asks
"Can you get me one of those small cheese pizzas?" Daisy asks, "I love those."
"I'll have some mozzarella sticks." Ursa says
"Bea?"
"Uh, I'm fine." I say
"Are you sure?" Greta asks, "You haven't had much today." I look up at her.
"Small salad with no dressing." She nods and disappears.
"Daisy, didn't you have plans with your mom or something?" Ursa asks
"She canceled." Daisy says, "Something came up with a client which is fine. It's better than sitting there awkwardly until one of us asks for the bill." She tucks her hair behind her ear and puts on her glasses.
"Woah, it's been a while since we've seen glasses-Daisy." Ash says
"Oh shut up." She says, "Wait I didn't mean that as a control thing. You can talk."
"Last time you did that I couldn't talk for three hours." Ash says
"Sorry 'bout that." She says. I sigh and spin in my chair.
"Bea, why don't you take a break?" Daisy says
"Yeah, go home." Ash says, "You actually have people there, go be with them."
"I can't I-" I look at them, "Fine."

I sit up and look around.
"Hello?" My window's broken. A figure appears in front of me. They put their hand over my mouth.
"If you scream I'll punch you in the face." I close my eyes.
"You're trying to go back a couple minutes so you can attack me first, not gonna work." I bite their hand and punch them.
"Get out of my apartment." I say
"Sorry Miss, I need you for something." I black out.

I'm woken up by a loud crash.
"What do you want from me?!"
"You still have your powers here." I teleport out of the restraints.
"How do you know about me and my powers?"
"If you think a mask and a contact lens will protect your identity I have some news for you."
"People don't go looking for things they don't want to find." I say, "It scares people to actually think powerful people live among them." They nod.
"I'm Andrew, it's nice to meet you." He says
"What do you want from me?" I ask
"You're a technology major, correct?"
"Close enough." I say, "Why?"
"Unlike any of the other Guardians, you get hurt when you use your ability." He says
"Wow, I didn't notice." I roll my eyes.
"I need your help hacking something." He says, "In exchange I have a device that will reduce the effect of your ability, I just need a little help programming it."
"How could you possibly have a device like that?" I ask, "All eight of the kingdoms's greatest minds can't figure that out."
"When you time-travel you're damaged." He says, "To try to fix that your smart friends used your DNA, but not your DNA from when you're damaged."
"You took my DNA?" I ask, "Isn't that a bit... illegal?"
"That's not the point." He says, "I-"
"There's not device to fix me." I say, "Abilities take more energy than our powers and I don't have that kind of energy."
"So instead of taking your energy it takes parts of you." He says, "Then just-"
"I can't use energy restorers or boosters." I say, "There's too much damage for that."
"Damage?"
"No offense but my girlfriend barely knows about this and you just kidnapped me so there's no chance you're finding out." I say, "I'm not interested in hacking whatever you want me to hack or whatever."
"I understand." He says, "You may go."
"That's it? No revealing identities or anything?"
"Nothing." He says, "I'm not keeping you here against your will." I nod.
"Don't do this again." I teleport back home.

{Bolt}

"Knock knock."
"Hey E, good to see your back in commission."
"Still a little shaken up but I'll be fine." He says, "Uh, Alex told me about something you asked her."
"Oh, yeah.." I say
"I mean, do you think you're trans?" He asks, "You don't have to tell me."
"I don't know." I say
"I'm gonna be completely honest, I read your mind." He says, "You don't have to feel uncomfortable as a girl to be trans."
"I know, I just don't want to rush into saying I identify as something else if it's just-"
"Use any word besides phase." He says
"If it's really nothing." I say
"Yeah." He says, "Feel free to ask me anything."
"Ok." Grey leans in the doorway.
"You guys want me to get anything while I'm out?" He asks
"You know that pizza place?" I ask
"Yeah. You want pepperoni?"
"And a Coke." I say
"Can you get me a burrito?" Eli asks, "And a Sprite."
"Yup."
"Thanks." He nods and walks out.
"So how're your legs?" Eli asks
"I haven't been up since I lost my wings so probably not the best." I say
"Hm, sorry." He says, "Uh, Rose's arm won't let her do magic because we can't figure out how to make it carry a magical current but it still moves the same way an arm does. You're wings don't need a magic current."
"So you're saying you can make me wings?"
"Yeah."
"Cool."
"That's it?"
"Well, I can't jump for joy." I say jokingly, "But yeah, I'd love that."
"Eli we need you!" Luna calls
"I'll work on them." He says, "That sounds urgent."