chapter 17

say the name

san wooyoung

he woke a little after eleven, opening his heavy eyes to the sight of san's peaceful sleeping feautures, closer than they had ever been after previous nights of cuddling.

wooyoung remembered not so long ago, a similiar situation, waking up and admiring san. but this was different.

so much had changed between them, and with wooyoung, and looking at san clenched his heart in a way he hadn't felt before.

looking at the other also reminded him of the way san had been last night, big glassy eyes gazing up at him innocently while his mouth sent wooyoung to paradise...

a feeling he wouldn't soon forget. and didn't want anyone else to experience.

being attracted to this boy isn't wrong. if it was, it wouldn't feel so right.

"uhmg..." a groan sounded as the other raised his head, hair a fluffy tangled mess and eyes bright.

"hey there." wooyoung smiled fondly, blinking at san as he yawned. "you look like shit." he actually looked wholey stunning, but, whatever.

"mmph. where am i?" came the frazzled reply.

was he really that drunk? "our dorm room..."

"our... OH. OH MY GOD." the boy's eyes widened as he obviously  remembered the events of last night, and he shifted visibly away from wooyoung and drew the duvet over his bare chest.

"did we...?"

"you really don't remember?" wooyoung's features crumpled slightly. if san didn't, he really fucked up this time.

"no... i do. fragments." a blush crept onto his cheeks as he caught wooyoung's eye.

"my head is killing me." san complained, averting his eyes from the other and biting his lip, his death-warrant written legibly on his face as he changed the subject.

"no surprise there. you drank more than you probably have in your whole life last night."

"whatever." san muttered, sliding from the bed and holding his head with a wince. "where do you keep your aspirin?"

"hold on, i'll get it for you." wooyoung rose hastily and slipped into the bathroom, glancing behind to check if san was watching him. he opened the cabinet above the sink, scanning the array of medicines too strong for a casual headache and too many to be normal until he located the aspirin. he grabbed it before shutting the cabinet firmly, ignoring the nagging feeling in his gut.

"here." he threw the bottle to san before fetching a glass of water and handing it to him.

"we should go get hangover soup together." he proclaimed suddenly, looking at the other boy hopefully.

"like... a date?" san answered hesitantly, downing the water quickly.

"yes? not exclusively? if you want it to be-"

"do you want it to be?"

"do you?"

"oh my god, jung! just say you don't want people knowing you're gay or whatever and get it over with!"

"it's not that! i'm just not ready. but i don't care if people see us together. as friends..."

"do you kiss all your friends like that?" san questioned softly, looking at wooyoung with eyes that brought him back to last night. not fair.

"only you." wooyoung answered truthfully, his thumb brushing san's lower lip.

the other backed away awkwardly, clearing his throat and breaking the prolonged eye contact. "lets get this soup then."