epilogue

wooyoung san

"you've got the wrong door." san answered firmly, hostility and a hint of guilt on his face as he turned away the older aunty who'd tried to deliver him a pizza.

the confused woman frowned, her crestfallen features reaching san's weak heart slightly as she squinted at her receipt.

"this is the second time this month i've been delivered a pizza i didn't ask for." he muttered with a sigh, turning her away. "please don't come here again unless i actually order it." he recited, half wondering who would want pizza this early in the morning.

once she'd gone, he checked his watch, swearing under his breath when he saw the time. he probably should have left five minutes ago, if not for that time wasting company that seemed to be forever confused as to who ordered their pizzas.

stepping outside, cold february air caressed the exposed skin of san's face; the closest thing to an attentive touch he'd felt in months. he tipped his head back slightly, longing to savor the almost unfamiliar cordiality.

his lips tugged into a subtle smile, the amicable bliss coming uncharacteristically easily.

once he'd collected and reiterated the chilly sensations, he buried his chin back into the warmth of the fluffy ombré turtleneck sweater adorning his frame. pulling the sleeves over his hands habitually, san sighed contently, eyes crinkling at the breath vapour of his visible exaltation.

he had to admit, although the past couple of months had been difficult at first, they'd been oddly therapeutic. he got through each day knowing wooyoung was loving him, and managed to gather and rebuild what self worth he had left. even when he got lonely and dismal, pessimistic about their future; san knew deep down that he just had to wait a little longer.

so he proceeded with a skip in his step, heading to meet yeosang for an early morning coffee. the two had made up easily, san realising not to take the other's friendship for granted as he wasn't likely to find someone else who knew him so well and would put up with his persona.

it wasn't a long walk from his cosy apartment, the petite coffee shop a regular meeting point for the two and others at their college. san liked daegu - the city more peaceful than the buzzing city vibe of seoul he was used to. it suited him.

he flicked his black hair back with a jerk of his head, the unattended locks growing out and even touching the collar of his turtleneck gently, warming his neck. i need a haircut. he thought admittedly, the strands becoming bothersome.

yeosang agreed, and never failed to let san know whenever he saw him. except for today, as his friend uncharacteristically greeted him with an odd smile and made no comment on his hair when san pushed open the door of the coffee shop, a brief tingle from the dainty silver bell announcing his arrival.

"what's up with you?" san questioned suspiciously, sitting down hesitantly and narrowing his eyes at yeosang's unusual jittery demeanour.

"nothing!" his best friend answered too quickly, and san rolled his eyes.

"yeo, c'mon. we've been friends for years; i know you to well." he shut down the excuse while propping his chin on his hands and looking across at him expectantly.

"uh..." yeosang looked around dubiously as if searching for an answer. "you know hyunjae from my law class?"

san hummed in confirmation, not used to yeosang being this smiley or seemingly embarrassed; covering his mouth with the back of his hand.