chapter 39

san wooyoung

since the incident, san had taken to staying back at his house instead of wooyoung's dorm room for obvious reasons, and the boy had almost gone out of his way to leave little reminders of himself everywhere.

he hadn't cleared out most of his stuff, so wooyoung would often come face to face with one of san's hoodies and the occasional body product left behind, both holding the aromas of san and countless memories.

whether or not the male had done this intentionally, as if to say never forget who you let go of, the memoirs always stung wooyoung's heart to come across.

however, these occurrences where lessening, as there were only so many things a teenage boy could've left behind in a small room.

wooyoung selfishly never wanted to stop finding them, no matter how much they may serve as a hurtful reminder of the boy he was in love with. at least the memoirs proved that the two of them had been real, the only evidence that san had been his for a time before he inevitably screwed it up.

on top of that, every time there was a knock on the old, poorly painted door, wooyoung couldn't help but get his hopes up, rushing to answer in a heartbeat based on the wishful thinking it may be san.

it never was.

but this time was no exception, and the moment a quiet knock sounded once and then twice on his locked door, wooyoung was snuffing out a smoked down cigarette in his full ashtray, rubbing his face to wake himself up and raking a hand through his darkening hair.

on his feet in an instant, the male clicked open the lock and swung the door open while holding his breath.

but the boy waiting on the other side was not the face he loved. instead, the doorway revealed an awkwardly positioned choi jongho, apologetically pressing his lips together as if he knew that wooyoung was expecting someone else.

he stepped aside to let the newcomer in, face falling the moment the wrong choi had been revealed.

"i'm not here to talk," jongho explained simply, inconspicuously attempting to remain expressionless. "just to pick up some of my brother's things."

wooyoung leaned against the doorway, crossing his arms lazily as he cocked an eyebrow. "why doesn't he do it himself?" he knew why, but he had to pretend to be insensitive so his feelings wouldn't get the best of him.

"he's busy." jongho deadpanned, bending over to scoop up a hoodie of san's wooyoung had thrown to the ground not too long ago in frustration after holding it to his face gently like a child.

"yeah? doing what?" wooyoung continued, feigning an uninterested tone.

"packing up his stuff at the house." jongho said unhesitatingly, not meeting wooyoung's eyes.

"...why." wooyoung said, not making it sound like a question. his heartbeat was quickening in apprehension, and he unconsciously began leaning off the wall to stand straighter.

"he's moving to daegu. there's a good university there offering a scholarship for a course he's dreamed of taking, and-" jongho stopped, scolding himself under his breath. "i don't know why i'm telling you this, it's none of your business anymore."

"none of my business?" wooyoung laughed cruelly, eyes pricking with tears with all the information he just received. he's moving? he's moving he's moving he's moving-

in that moment, some may have called wooyoung insane, the way his pupils dilated and his hands shook while he had trouble controlling his breathing. and they may have been right, because what's the difference between insanity and love, really?