Crumbling Sidewalk

A Girl walks down an empty road,
She passes by a cliff,
On that cliff there stands an Other Girl,
Who looks back at she with haunted eyes,
and A Girl continues on.

Tomorrow A Girl steps onto the crumpling sidewalk,
A step closer to the Other Girl,
She calls out to her and asks "What are you doing down there?"
Other Girl cocks her head, confused,
"What do you mean?"
"You're down there, away from everyone else. Why?" A Girl asks.
The Other Girl shrugs, "I'm right here with you."
A Girl shakes her head in confusion and continues on.

The next day A Girl walks down the road again, and notices the Other Girl is closer to the cliffs edge, glancing over it with eyes full of longing.
"What are you doing?" A Girl asks, stepping into the grass, away from the sidewalk, closer to the Other Girl.

"What are you doing down there?" Other Girl yells down the cliffs edge. A Girl looks at her oddly, stepping up next to her, to gaze down the cliffs edge.
Down below she sees the bottom, where many people stand, looking up at the girls with clouded eyes.
"What do you mean?" A Man from below yells up.
"You're down there, away from everyone else. Why?" Other Girl asks.
A Man shrugs, "I'm right here with you."

You see, we are all struggling, and we all see others struggling. Some people are okay, walking on the road. Some are on the sidewalk. Some are on the cliff, on the edge, or have fallen into the abyss. We are all different levels of damaged. But we are in this together. We are all struggling together. I wish people would stop using mental illness to segregate people. Struggles don't need to be compared to each other, we don't need to put ourselves into categories of "okay" or "depressed" or whatever else. We are all struggling. Together.