Chapter 6

Bad angle

New Day
New Beginnings.
I went for a run this morning. I need to clear up my mind. I read After on Wattpad. It is definitely helpful to give certain hue on a character. Like for Hardin, it's all black and dark until he met Tessa. Tessa is all clear, all blue and her angles have to be bright and crisp. There are scenes where they party, drink, hook-up repeatedly. Then it should be red, black and dark again.
Also I have to stop being hard on myself. I can't keep pushing myself away from Hero, thinking it might not end well or it will affect my work. He is friendly with everyone. It's illogical for me to distance myself if he wants to be friends with me too. He is 21 and I am 20. It's not that weird for us to be friends. Isn't it? I can act normal. He is like any other crew member. I am friends with Jo, Khadija , Pia and Inanna. Dylan and Sam like my sense of humor. Shane is nice to me. Hero should be no exception.

I am good. I can do this.

Today we are shooting in the Columbiana set. It is focusing on Josephine only. This will be the first scene in the movie. Jemmy has given me full liberty to bring out the innate features of Tessa's life. Her room, her house, her mother working in kitchen, her boyfriend played by Dylan. So far,so good.
I shot it before time and Jo was so happy. "Thanks a bunch !! I need to catch some sleep". "Sure, go ahead" I said as she gladly nodded.
"Hey Fatty !! " I called her out. She stared at me with wide eyes. I ruined it, so I will have to make it up to her. Without wasting a single minute I hugged her. She got surprised but then hugged me back. "I am sorry Fatty. I shouldn't have been such an asshole." I told her keeping my arms around her neck. "It's ok sweetie. It was my fault 'too' ".
"Too? I get that" I smirked. "Right! But there is something else which I think you must know." She said in a hushed tone. "What?" I frowned. She sighed and looked all around, making sure nobody can eavesdrop. "I think he likes you" she whispered. "Who likes me? Everyone likes me Fatty. Be specific". I said in a proud tone and earned a glare from her. "Idiot I am talking about Hero" she whispered again. Really Hero? In the whole God damn world, why will Hero like me ? "Fatty you have gone crazy again." I don't want to start it all again. "No, I am serious. I have seen it". Seen what? What is it that she keeps seeing? "I have seen him seeing you dumbass." she said louder. "You know what Fatty, I don't even know why are we talking about all of this. It's bullshit". I started walking away. She grabbed my hand and pulled me aside. "No this isn't shit. Trust me on this. I swear on my fucking life. I have seen him looking at you. And it's not like 'we are many in body one in mind team work ' friendly. It's like he has certain interest in you. I saw him that day pulling you towards his vanity. And then when you went away , shouting on me,he  came to me to check on you before leaving with Sam and Swen for playing chess." I was quite as Fatty was convincing but not faking.
"Look I know it all sounds like a fucking cliché to you. But I know what I saw" she said holding my hand. I am confused, shocked and all of it but somewhere deep down in my heart, very very deep I don't know why but it felt nice. "Fatty, he is friendly and kind. But it won't be too late until he starts developing feelings for Jo while working with her. Then they will date for some time and he will move on. But look at me. Who am I? His interest in me is as long as I am working here. After that nobody is going to hear about me. And I don't want his interest in me to be just like a 'film' fling alike summer flings. So this is never gonna happen. Jesus Christ it's only been a week since we started !!! " I said literally choking at my words.
I like Hero and I want him to like me too. But in this industry,it's hard to trust anyone and I am not up for heartbreak. I don't want to give anyone power in my life to affect me to such great extent. I have to accept the reality and let go off my feelings before it takes toll on my work.
I have to stop.
"Look I know where you coming from. But I just wanted you to know. Okay?" Fatty said rubbing my back. "Hmmm" I started walking towards the camera room. I tried to reach for my phone in my pocket to call Mill. "Heck!! Where is my phone.." I panicked. I tried to remember where I used it last. Fuck !! It's in the canteen when I was talking to Anna. I ran towards the canteen. Well it's a small unit, so it won't get lost . I reached the canteen and went to the counter. "Hey I think I forgot my phone here an hour ago while getting my coffee." Thankfully he was the man who served me then. "Yes, I saw that but you were gone by then. But then he came and when I told him that about the phone. He said he will return it to you." He said pointing in a corner where a guy sat facing his back towards us. "Thank you so much !! " I smiled back and hurried towards the table. If you take something to return then you have to return it soon. Why didn't he do that? The boy wore a white T-shirt, black jeans and a black cap. My phone was kept on the table next to another, probably his. "Hey !! I think you have my phone" I turned around his table to face him. "Yes I do" Hero said keeping the book down.