Chapter 43

I believe in us

Nirvana's POV

I wake up to the sounds of beeping around me. The moment I open my eyes, white lights hit them brutally, blinding me. I keep them closed for some time and focus on the noise around me. Then I hear a voice, it's unmistakably Hero's. He is talking to someone on phone and when he turns around, his eyes meet me. "I will talk to you later" he hung up. "Did not intend to wake you up" he sits beside me. "I have been conscious" I said. "How are you feeling now?" He asked pulling his chair closer to my head. "Better" I mumbled. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked cautiously. I shook my head. I can not and do not want to relive those past twenty four hours again. The wounds on my body have become scars on my heart. My aunt, my cousin, my only family betrayed me in ways, I never imagined. A single drop of tear escapes my eyes and Hero gently wipes it away. He doesn't remove his hand and cups my face, making me look at him. "I am sorry" he said quietly. Why is he sorry? He has nothing to do with my aunt. And then it hits me. "I shouldn't have let you leave. You wouldn't have come here and" I cut him off "It is not your fault Hero. I should have known better" I said giving him a small smile to reassure. "How did you find me?" I asked. Because I clearly remember how Anna turned me down and I was not able to contact anyone else. Anna.  Even her thought, aches my already broken heart. Friend, family, who else is left to betray me? Hero? But he is here. How? And why? "Mill found what Anna had been keeping from us" he said "and then I traced your location through the call you made to her" he continued. "Thank you for saving me" I said. No matter what our differences are, he saved my life and I owe it to him. He was about to say something when I asked him "What about your promotional tour?" He isn't suppose to be here. "I left it. It was anyway complete" he said looking away. "Thank you so much Hero. I am grateful to you for everything you have done for me" I said. "I think you should get back to your work now" I said as the nurse entered my room. "Sir, please leave the room" she ushered Hero out. I am happy to see him and nothing matters to me more than his kindness. Even if we didn't work well, even if our relationship hit rock bottom, if this is the last time I am seeing him, I want it to be on a happy note.

Hero's POV

I close the door behind me as I exit Nirvana's room. "How is she?" Mill asked. "She is better. Awake" I said running my fingers through my hair. "I got her medicines" Mill said handing me the packet. I nodded and sat on the chairs outside. "You okay?" Mill asked. I nodded again. Mill has been nice to me since we came here. I don't know what to make out of his calm behavior. "Did you tell her?" Mill asked all of a sudden. "Tell her what?" I asked in confusion. "That you are sorry" he said sitting next to me. "And did you tell her that you love her?" He asked nudging my knee with his knee. I looked at him with wide eyes. Is this Mill?
"No. I don't think this is the right time....she asked me to leave and...she is not well and I" he cuts off my rant. "Will you shut the fuck up?" Mill groaned. "She is alright. She is fine so she can listen to you" he says after a brief pause. "She asked you to leave because she thinks that this act was out of kindness and not love". My face was plastered with shock. Who thought that out of all the people, Mill will be the one giving me advice on relationship.
"She loves you. And you hurted her" he said. "But you also love her and I know it." he said finally and I looked at him. "I never told her about my feelings not because I wasn't sure of it. It was because I was not brave enough. Brave enough to take the risk, risking our friendship. But now when I look back, I do regret. It is like I can't help but think what if I would've told her. If she could say no, she could also have said yes maybe." He said and I listened to him carefully. Mill and I do not share a good relationship but he has never been so open to me either, so I will take this opportunity to mend things in a better way. "Now it is too late for me" he said getting up "But not for you Hero. You should tell her now, rather than waiting for the right time. Because you never know when it is, until its gone. You have got nothing to loose, because she loves you and only you" he said before turning away.

I entered Nirvana's room but  she was not on the bed. I was about to walk out, when she came out of the washroom, dressed. I almost forgot that she has been discharged today. "Where is Mill?" Nirvana asked. "He is waiting for you outside" I said keeping my breathing in check. Since the moment I decided to confess my love to Nirvana, my heart has lost its normalcy. I am giving small smiles to her but panicking inside. It is now or never. I took deep breath before saying "Nirvana I need to talk to you". She looked at me with surprise for a second before nodding and sitting on the edge of the bed. I sat beside her and she looked at me quizzically. I was still weighing my options before my eyes met her's. And then all my emotions came rushing at me and I knew, I just have to let them out. To her.