Chapter 41

Free 

Hero's POV

"What did you say?" I ask Anna, my anger seething from every word. "I said,I love you" she speaks in a low voice. "Are you fucking kidding me?" Mill says, shaking his head. "This is why you did, what you did ?" Fatima asks in disbelief. "She called you, she trusted you the most and what did you do? I thought she was your best friend" my own voice giving away my shock. "Best friend? She is nothing more than an attention seeking whore" Anna snaps. "Don't !! Don't even try Anna. You utter another word for her and you will regret more than anything" I will have to really hold back myself from physically hurting her. "Why? Why her? She is not special. Why the hell you guys treat her like she is from another world? Fucking hell, the entire world revolves around her. Vani this, Vani that, Vani Vani Vani...Ugghhh" Anna hits her fist on the table. "I am tired of being Vani's assistant, her helper, while you guys treat her like some royalty. She gets everything, everything so freaking easily" she then looks straight at me. "And you !! Hero, after everything she did to you, you still want to run back to her.She left you. Didn't she? Right when you need her the most. She ran away from you!! Yet here you are, leaving everything behind for whom? She doesn't deserve you. She will never" she inches towards me but I move away. "Has she ever told you, that she loves you? Has she ever told you, that you mean her anything more than a 'kill time buddy'?" she pushes me "C'mon tell me, has she? Tell me!!" she pushes me again for answer. "Stay away from me" I shake her hand away. "I don't owe you any explanation. What she feels for me or what I am to her, is none of your business" I have had enough of her nonsense and now I have to keep my point straight. "You know, it is a ridiculous idea at your end to even think that I have anything for you. For me, you were nothing more than her friend. I don't even talk to you. Just because she is not here doesn't mean she will never be here. I won't let go of her so easily. Do you want to know, why?" I say embracing each syllable as it follows "Because I love her. Only her."

Nirvana's POV

A loud banging on the door, wakes me up. I get up to sit but sudden pain runs across my knees. "Get up you piece of shit" my aunt calls out. "I am up" I say in a shaky voice. When I move towards the mirror, I see a blue-black cheek, swollen lips and dead eyes staring back at me. My face is hurting and my legs feel lifeless. Soon my entire body will feel so, if I don't get away from here, my mind reminds me again after what I experienced today.
In the noon -
I haven't moved a thing, but my body is drained of any energy. I lie on the bed and within minutes, drift off to sleep. I hear creaking of a door, but my eyes are too strained to open and look. Must be my aunt or Ruhi. Suddenly I feel a hand move on my legs. I wake up and jerk away the hand. "What are you doing here?" I ask Rehan. "I came here for you" he speaks casually. "And seeing you, lie here so peacefully, I couldn't control myself you know...." he moves towards but I get up to move away. "Where are you going sweetheart?" he asks holding my hands tight. "Let go off me Rehan !!" I shout, so that others can listen too. "No need to shout. Nobody is at home.... Just you and me and we can make it interesting" he pushes my back on the bed and is hovering over me now. "Leave me !!!! Help!!! Somebody Help" I shout and push him but he is strong. "Why are you making a fuss, I am your..." he brings his mouth towards my neck and I can smell the bitterness of alcohol in his breath. I try to punch him but he slaps me hard on my face. Tears roll out but I have no time to cry, not right now when this fuckard is over me. He tries to kiss me but I move my head away. "You stubborn ass" he forces my mouth in his and bites my lower lip, making me wince in pain. I lift his face, strangling his throat.  "Leave me you creep !!!" I bend my  right knee under him and kick on his balls with all my might. He let's go off me and falls on the floor, wincing in pain. "You bloody... Wait till tomorrow" he lifts himself up and I take the nearby vase to beat the shit out of him. "After tomorrow, when we will be married, I will fuck you, and your brains out!!!" he walks out of the room shouting. I run towards the door and lock it. Tomorrow? I will be married to this man in tomorrow? No way. I have to get a way out of here. I can't wait anymore. I have to do something, something really soon.
It is night right now. My aunt and cousin were busy all noon,doing preparation for the marriage, which is scheduled for tomorrow evening. I told Ruhi about Rehan's act and she said the shittiest thing, I have ever heard. "Men want, what they want. You can't help it. And he is your soon to be husband" she shrugged the topic off as if it was nothing. As if he didn't try to rape me? I wonder, had I not been here, would Maasi have forced Ruhi into this marriage? I don't think so. But I am not sitting here and letting anyone destroy my life. I won't let that happen. I have tonight and tomorrow morning to execute my plan, which is very simple. I have to take my passport from my Aunt's room, because she snatched it from me, when I was about to leave before. I have my bags loosely packed, to avoid suspicion. And then all I have to do is wait. Wait for the right time to run away from this house again, and to never come back in this lifetime.