Chapter 19

Around Her

Hero's POV

I don't have a fancy big trailer like others which makes it claustrophobically small and suffocates me to death if I have to stay for too long, until now. She sleeps peacefully, her head on my arm, hands on my chest tugging my Tshirt tight and face an inch apart breathing air in me which lacks here. She has not slept for days and I don't want to wake her up. Not now. I won't lie, I too had a good sleep. My body basking in her warmth, her light snores telling me how exhausted she was. I take this time for myself to look at her closer without her, turning her face to hide her red cheeks. Her skin is so pure and supple. She doesn't apply anything on her face other than a moisturizer, doesn't need anything else. She has naturally tinted eyelids, which I didn't knew existed until I saw the pink lids she has, closed right now in deep sleep. Her eyelashes are long and dense without any other stuff ,a hint of black liner is still present after she washed her face . She has perfect, full, kissable lips. I have to try hard not to peck them every now and then. Her nose flares when she takes a deep breath after I kiss on it's tip.
People might find me reserved and quite, which frankly I am because I don't speak until I am required to. But when it comes to her, ask me once and I can talk for hours together. I am lucky to have enough space here in my vanity to fit this sofa with this wide mattress, finally proving it's worth because I am selfish but I will admit that I crave for moments like this, which make my heart smile.
"Staring is disturbing" she mumbled breaking my trance. "Only if I knew any other way" I said moving my hand away from her hair. "I hope your hand is not hurting" she said groggily lifting her head from my arm. "No. Don't... It keeps you close" I said sliding my hand under her head again. She smiles biting her lower lip. Is she teasing me? "Don't do that" I said keeping my tone as serious as possible. "Do what?" she asked so innocently that I thought for a second maybe she really didn't get it. But she did that again, biting her lower lip long enough to turn them almost red. "Don't bite your lip or else" the thought of what all I wanted to do with them choked me. "Or else?" she hit her head lightly on my nose. This girl is testing my limits which I may not be able to hold on for long.
God help me !!
-----
Nirvana's POV

"What is this?" I ask as Hero played some weird music. "That's British rap" he smiled and turned up the volume. "Dizzee Rascal?" He asked curiously. "Nope. I have no idea about him" I said in one quick breath. "Giggs?" He asked again. "No. Never heard of him" I said without much thought. "You must have heard about Skepta" he said. "No" I rolled my eyes. "You have never heard British rap before?" He asked astonished. "Never heard anything British before" I said sarcastically. "No British band ?" He asked. "No Hero. None except Little Mix" I sighed. "I don't like them but this is a shocker to me. I mean how have you not heard British rap? It is so much better than American" he said shaking his head. "I am not a rap fan honestly and I have never had any interest in British culture" I said trying to make sense. "Have you ever been there?" He asked removing the cord from his phone. "Never" I said looking at him. "Hmmm. You should come with me then" he grinned. "We will see" I said unsure of my future projects. My work has not taken me much beyond the States. "For now... surprise me" he said plugging the cord in my phone. Without further thought I played what was paused - Young and beautiful. "You like Lana Del Ray?" He asked me surprised. "Umm...Yeah" I mean who can not like her. "Same pinch" he said pulling my cheek. As expected Hero can not sing. Like literally not !! Even if he tries to, it comes out more like reciting lyrics. We reach Jemmy's house. "See you tomorrow" he said after kissing me goodbye. I turn off music and try to piece together everything that had happened. My mind wandering on those messages. Hero is right. Whoever it is, is only trying to create rifts between us. And I let him get in my head once, but that's not happening again. I won't let him ruin this. Ruin us.