Chapter 20

Friend or For

"Hey !! You are back" Anna said opening the door. "Yes. How was your day?" I asked taking my shoes off. "Usual. Sam is not around much, busy with his girlfriend. How was yours?" she asked passing water to me. "Nothing. Just long" I said moving upstairs. "What do you want to have for dinner?" she asked tying her hair back. "I won't have anything. I had with Hero. Sorry" I said. "No probs !!!" she scurried into the kitchen.
I take my shower and change into a black tshirt and gym shorts. After that I decide to finish some office work but as soon as I turn on my laptop, battery running low is notified. After looking everywhere for the charger I conclude that I must have left it in the set. Nevermind !! I can take Anna's. I go to her room and find her charger on the work table. Her laptop is turned on so I check the charge. It is good. I turn to leave but I push something off the table. It is a phone. When did Anna get a new phone? But I saw her texting in her phone down stairs when I came back. "What are you doing?" Anna asks pushing the door open. "I was just borrowing your charger. I forgot mine in set" I said keeping the phone down. "So you" she said walking in. "You didn't tell me, you bought a new phone" I said while she sat on her bed. "That's not my phone. It is Carly's. You know Carly, who works in admin?" she asked. "Yeah. I know her." I said remembering the girl who works in administration department and had a little crush on Mill. "You seem better today. I mean I noticed that something was up but I shook it off thinking it to be work pressure" she said. "Yeah everything is fine" I said. I didn't tell anyone about the messages and the misunderstanding I had with Hero and I don't want to speak about it even now. I know Anna is my best friend and she must know about this but I don't want to involve too many people in this stupidity. "Are you sure?" Anna asked again assessing my silence. "Yes" I said convincingly. "Alright then I am going to sleep now. I am tired" she said lying on her bed. "Goodnight" I closed the door behind me and went to my room.
By the time I finish my work, it is midnight. I check my phone before going to bed. No message. That is strange. Since the day, this thing started, there use to be a message almost everyday. But now there is not a single text for the last two days. What should I do? Should I wait for the next text? No. There is no meaning in doing that, because I cannot reply to any of them or even call.
I have to think. What can I do? There has to be a way, has to be something.... and then I have an idea.
-----
"Nirvana" Hero called me as soon as I entered the set. "Hey ! Good morning" I asked keeping my phone and car keys in my bag. "Morning" he said putting his arms around my shoulder as we walked in. "Did you get any more messages?" He asked in worry. "No I did not but I have a plan to find out who this person is" I said and smiled towards Jemmy who gestured me to get ready. "What is it?" Hero hushed. "I will tell you once we are done for today" I said squeezing his hand before leaving him.
We shot this scene where Tessa and Hardin decide to move in. It is a very small apartment. It is strange but extremely cosy. There is only one room and, a small kitchen attached and a washroom. The room has plants in every corner. One thing that I specifically like, is the bathtub, sitting in a corner in the room. Yes !! In the room. A king-size bed and a dresser is set across the bathtub. All in all, the room is warm and intimate. I like it so much. It is like they can talk to each other or look at each while one is bathing in the tub and the other is lying on bed. How cute !!!!!
-----
After the scene was done. I bid everyone goodbye in hurry, ignoring the odd looks Fatty and Mill passed my way. "Wait !! I am coming with you" Hero said. "Hero you know it is fi-" I started but he cuts me off "I am not asking you. I am telling you. Let's go now" He said wearing another Tshirt and taking my bag.
After an hour's drive, we reached Panaroma studios, my office. I had already called Sam and let him know I was coming. I parked my car in staff parking and hurried inside, Hero easily matched my pace. I took the elevator this time. I don't want Anna to see me because I don't have time to play twenty questions with her. "Hey Sam" I greeted while knocking on the door which was ajar. "Nirvana. Come in" he said and stood up from his chair. "You got company huh... Nice to see you Hero" Sam shook his hand. "Same here" Hero said exchanging smiles. "Come sit" Sam said and went back to his chair while we took ours in front of him. "First of all. Congratulations Sam. I am so happy to hear about your engagement" I said. "Thank you kiddo!! I was just wondering if you have got the news or not" he said leaning back on his chair. "I did" I said straightening myself. "Sam I came here for something really important" I said eyeing Hero who was looking around. "Yes. Tell me" Sam said inching towards the table. "I wanted to know that when we got this project, this movie... did we get any sample shots or pre scheduled shoots done. I mean they did had a pre shooting workshop but did we get any pictures of it ?" I asked. Hero listened intently. "Yes we did" Sam said furrowing his brow. "We got the preparation and first hand shoot pictures, they shot in Los Angeles. Jemmy's husband Tim shot them" he said looking at Hero who also nodded. "Okay. So did you give those pictures to anyone? Like you know anyone in our team or someone else?" I asked in hitched voice. "Yes I did. We had to photoshop and make the rough poster out of them" he said. "Who did you give it to?" I asked.