Chapter 26

Home

"Welcome to England" the pilot announced.
"Welcome to my city" Hero echoed holding my hand.
London is just like what I thought. The air, the surrounding, the weather and people, everything and everyone is so different from America and far, far away from India. The air holds a sense of sophistication, a calm and serene altogether different from the hustle and bustle of New York. It is a great change from the humid and hot weather of Atlanta, where we were shooting. And I think I already like this place. The smile from the sense of familiarity that I see on Hero's face is soothing. "I am really not the sight seeing, monuments gawking guy but I will try to make the most of your stay here" Hero said, hailing the cab.

Hero's POV

Finally !! Finally !! I am back. Back to my city, back to my place, back to my home and back to where I belong. It is now I realized, how much I missed London. Only this time, it feels different, having Nirvana with me. It feels good. Watching her watch the city and observing the view is in itself a sight. Her eyes wide, lips a little parted and neck craned to watch outside the window. This is the best time to come here and I am glad that I brought her now. In March through May, the temperature is mild and city's parks are green and blooming. The extreme weather is anyway rare here. As we near my home, I see Nirvana growing conscious. And so am I. I am easy about my friends, they are cool and free souls. It is my parents, especially my mother's reaction I am not certain about. But again, it is Nirvana I am talking about. And one can not, not like her.
"Relax !! I can hear your pulse" I said giving a swift kiss on her lips and getting the bags out. "I will get my bag" Nirvana swatted my hand away when I tried to carry her bags. When I was just about to knock, my mother opened the door and gave her perfect million worthy smile. "Hero! Son you are here" she opened the door wide and I brought my bags inside. It was only after I was in, and the door closed behind me, that my mother realized I had brought not only a pair of luggage but also someone with me. Nirvana was quite and bizzarely nervous and frozen next to the door. "Who is she?" My mother asked. "Mother. This is Nirvana. I told you about her, didn't I?" I said. This shouldn't go as awkward as this is going. "Hello Mrs. Fiennes. Nice to meet you" Nirvana greeted my mother. "Hello. No wonder, I heard quite a few things about you from my son. You are so beautiful." my mom said pressing her hand together. "Thank you mam" Nirvana smiled. "Call me Martha please" my mother said. "George will be home soon. He can not wait to hear everything from you" my mother said scurrying to the kitchen. "Okay. I will take a shower and get ready by then" I said picking up my bags and gestured Nirvana to follow me.
"This is my room and as much as I want you to stay in my-" she cuts me off "I know we can't" she said placing her hand on my mouth. "But your room is across mine" I remove her hand from my mouth only to replace it by her lips. I turn the knob to open my room, and Nirvana gasped the moment Diesel jumped on me. "What you doing in my room Diesel?" I said patting my pal, who is now busy taking whiff of Nirvana. "He likes me" she said rubbing his head. "Just like I said" I said taking her bags to her room. "Why Diesel? Isn't it a common name for dogs?" Nirvana asked, once I came back to my room. "Because when he came, I didn't have much mind to give a better name. Is there a problem with common?" I sat beside her on my bed. "No. I want a dog too but Anna doesn't like pets" she said gruffly. "For that I don't like Anna now" I said lying down. "You have to take shower, remember? Nirvana stood crossing her arms. "You can join me" I smirked seeing her eyes go wide and cheeks red. "No. No. That's not happening" She gasped. "Why not?" I shrugged. "We can't live in the same room, because your mother is here and now you want us to shower together. Sure !" she said rolling her eyes. "You are a fun spoiler" I leaned on her but she dodged away. I ran to her room and pushed the door, the moment she was about to close it. "Go to your room !!" She commanded. "Sorry but this is my house babe" I said pressing her to the door. "Hero" she ran out of breath the moment my lips touched her neck. "Hero !!!" my mother's voice boomed from downstairs and Nirvana burst in laughter. I should have thought about this. Now, I can't kiss her and pull her in my arms anytime. Not in front of my parents. Damn !! I can't keep my hands to myself either.