Chapter 30

No More

I wake up to Hero's light snores. The room is too dark, and I fumble to switch on the light on the bedside. I wear my shirt and jeans quickly before, walking to my room. I walk into the bathroom, to take a shower. While walking to the shower, my eyes fall on my reflection on the mirror. I trace my fingers on the marks left behind on my skin by Hero. I trace my lips and all the memories flood back making me smile unconsciously. If love feels like this, I am glad that I found it.
I take my shower and change into a multicolored top and blue denim shorts. After drying my hair and tiding up the room, I walk to Hero's room. I knock on the door, but nobody replies. "Hero?" I push open the door, it was ajar anyway. He is not in the room, maybe he wanted to shower too. Must be using the washroom in the downstairs. I climb down the stairs, slowly because of the lack of energy. I am too hungry, to do anything else right now. By the time I reach the final step of staircase, I hear Hero's mom's voice. "She is not good enough !!" She is angry, or at least there is some problem, because she is louder, than I have ever heard her. "You don't even know her" Hero speaks. Are they talking about me? There is only one way to find out. I stay on the staircase only, so that they can not see me. "Hero. I thought I made myself clear that you can't get into all this right now. You have your debut movie, releasing." His mother said, now in a calmer voice. "Mother. I have completed the movie, and I have been already getting other projects. And we don't even go that much public" Hero said, frustration clear in his voice. "I don't think you are getting it. Out of all the girls, why her? Hero, she is just a camerawoman. That's it !!!! She is not even in the front line" his mother spat back and the shock shuddered me. "Really? Mother you are yourself a filmaker. You work with people like her day in day out. It is a respectable profession for God's sake !!" Hero shouts back. "I work with them that's why I know, they are not worth your time. Hero you are our son, soon you'll be a mainstream actor. And she will always be like an assistant, behind the camera. She doesn't match our work status. She will always be a trash, when compared to you !!!!!!!" his mother shouts. "There is nothing to making a big deal out of it so stop shouting" Hero spits back. As much as I hate, his mother's view on me, it makes me sad that I am the bone of contention here between a mother and son. "I am never going to accept her. You knew that, didn't you? How could you even bring her here? What were you thinking Hero? Get rid of her as soon as possible" she said and I could feel tears brimming in my eyes. "Can you just keep your voice down please? I will anyway do that so stop making a big deal out of it. Because there is nothing going on here. It's not what you think. We are not together like that. We are not even serious. Not that serious!!!" Hero spits back and I am left devastated. Nothing going on here? Aren't we together? I choke on my own breath and the moment Hero comes out of the kitchen, his eyes go widen seeing me. I rush back to my room as fast as my legs can take me and I lock the door behind me. "Nirvana!!!" Hero calls out. "Nirvana open the door" he pounds on it. "Nirvana please listen to me. We need to talk" he continues. I bring out my bags and throw all my stuff in it. I cannot stay here for a single minute now. "Nir !!! please just open the door. Let me explain it" Hero calls out. Once all my things are packed and my bag is in my hand, I take a deep breath before opening the door. I open the door and Hero stands on my face. He is confused until he notices bag in my hand and realisation hits him. And before he starts giving excuses and illogical explanations, I have to get out of here. I reach the stairs, and Hero grabs my wrist. "Nirvana please just listen to me, once" he begs and I turn to look at him, jerking away his hand.

Hero's POV

"What? What do you want?" She jerked off my hand. She bites the inside of her cheeks, to help not to cry but her cheeks are wet already and I am afraid, how much did she hear?
"Nirvana please don't leave" I begged her. Because I knew that if I don't stop her, it won't just be the house she leaves. She will leave me. "Why do you care? Aren't you ashamed of me? I thought.... I thought that we were together....for real" she cries "I guess I was the only in this. You were never there" she said wiping away her tears. "Actually.... it is not your fault. I knew when ..... when we were getting into this. Mill warned me that..... that you are like all other guys out there" she cries out and I try to hold her hand but she pushes me away. "Nirvana, you are getting me wrong. I was just trying to...to-" she cuts me off, not that I had any good explanation. I was just trying to calm my mother down and take Nirvana away from here. But it's too late and I fucked up. "To what? Get in my pants? Hero....how could you? All this time....after last night..." she bursts into tears and my heart aches watching her like this. "I'm not ashamed of you or us. I was trying to calm her. Nirvana, you know me. I wasn't thinking clearly" I wipe my own tears away. "Calm her down by lying? And how long do you think, that will work?" She breathes hard. "We aren't serious right? I guess it was all in my head...... Hero I.....I lo" she stops midsentence looking behind me. I turn around to find my mother, there is no shock, no worry, no shame on her face. Just disgust. Who does she disgust? Nirvana?
I hear the sound of the door, and turn around to find Nirvana gone. I run towards the door to stop her. "If you follow her today Hero. You are not coming back here !!!" my mother shouts. I hold on to the knob of the door. It takes every single fiber of my body,to not shout back at her. She is making me choose home, over Nirvana. How is this happening? My heart begs me to turn the door open, instead I turn away to my room and slump on the floor gasping for breath and crying. 
If I knew, this is would have happened, I would have never brought her home. I wouldn't have come back here myself. "Fuck !!! Fuck !!!!!!!!" I shout in agony. I am balled up on the floor, with my heart in pieces. It will never ever be the same without her. She is where, my heart is.