Chapter 15

Friends forever

I dismissed the message completely. Must be a wrong number or error in delivery. When I reach my door, I notice that the door was unlocked. I turn around to check Anna's car, which was not parked. She is not home yet, then who the hell is it? I take out the pepper spray I carry in my bag and press my finger lightly on the nozzle. I push the door open, without making even the slightest noise. I peek in through the corner of my eye searching for the intruder. The light in the drawing room is on. And I catch someone sitting on the sofa as I walk in. "Who are you?" I shouted keeping my distance as I faced the back of the man. "It is me Vani" Mill turns around to see me. "What are you doing here and how did you sneek in?" I asked out of confusion. "Silly. I know where you guys keep your spare key" he said rolling his eyes. I forgot that point. Fatty and Mill know everything about us and vice versa, so it is no surprise. "What are you doing here?" I asked remembering our fight. "Vani will you please calm down and listen to me?" He pleaded. "There is nothing more to listen Mill. You already said what you had to say" I said keeping my bag down and putting the cap on my ultimate weapon. "No. I haven't. Vani you have to listen to me" He said walking towards me but I stretched my arm out to maintain the distance between us. "I am sorry. I really am" he said looking at his feet. "I acted like a complete ass and I am sorry about that. I didn't mean to hurt you. You know me. You know I will never do such a thing purposely" he continued. "I know you Mill and that is why I got mad at you" I said folding my hand to my chest. "I am really sorry Vani. I will never do that again. I promise." He said holding his ears and making a puppy face which looked utter silly. "Fine. But next tim-" "There will be no next time" he cuts me off and hugs me. I hug him back. Even though he acted like a jerk, he deserves a second chance. Everybody does mistakes. Isn't it? "Did I miss something?" Anna asked entering. "Not really" Mill said taking a step back. "Alright. I will hurry up to prepare the dinner cause I am hungry" she said removing her shoes. "No need of that and wear your shoes back because we are going out" I said getting my bag. "What?where?" Mill asked. "It is my treat" I said dangling my car keys. "Ohhh My God !!!! You got a car?" Mill exclaimed snatching away the keys. "Right !!! I was wondering about that when I came back. You parked it at my spot" Anna said reaching out her hands to me. "Let's Go and yeah call Fatty" I said taking my keys back from Mill. "You know I never had any problem in driving you" Mill said while we waited for Anna. "It is not because of you. I wanted it since long but only kept it procrastinating" I said convincingly. It is not a lie actually, I wanted to become independent. And when you have finance and a driving license, there is no sense in being driven around. We first went to a pizza corner. Fatty was already waiting for us and thankfully our order arrived sooner than expected. "That's my slice" Mill swatted away my hand. "There is no your slice and my slice. It is a plain barbequed chicken pizza" I said taking the same slice. "But I see more chunks of chicken on that one" Mill said with his mouth full. Yes !!! That's the kid in him.
"Sorry" I said taking a bite of the slice to mock him. "No you are not having that" he said snatching the slice. "Can you guys get anymore idiotic than fighting on a slice of pizza?" Anna said slurping her mint slush. After eating to the full of my stomach, we walked to a gaming arcade. "I missed you. You know" Mill said matching my pace. "It has only been a day. Plus you were the one who fucked up" I said. "Hmmm Who's up for Pacman?" He asked entering the arcade.
-------
By the time we got back from the arcade, everyone was too tired to drive back home so Mill and Fatty stayed at our place. Fatty slept with Anna and Mill adjusted on the sofa just like old times. Maybe Mill was right. Maybe we should not let our work take 'our' time.
I woke up to Metallica blasting from the speakers downstairs.
"Uggggghhh Guys stop this Disco right now !!!!" I said running down the stairs, still in my bed wear. "Good morning Vani Nanny" Mill said turning up the volume. "Fuck you Mill !!!!" I said throwing a pillow straight on his face. "Uh oh !!" He said before running behind me as I ran up the stairs in full speed. "Fatty move your ass off" he screamed at her for coming on his way. "Woahhhhhhhhh man !!!" she shrieked as I reached my room on time and I turned to close the door but Mill pushed himself in, in the last second. "Now it is show time" Mill said before grabbing me and pushing me on my bed so hard that my shoulder hurt. "Milllllll!!!! Don't!!! Please!!!!  Ahhhhhhhh hhhhhh!!!!" I was screaming and suppressing my laugh as Mill tickled me right left center. "You are so tiny Vani so you should not test me" he said. I kicked him on his stomach and pushed him off the bed. I grabbed my pillow and started hitting him on head so that he cannot stand on his feet. "What's going on?" Anna hurried. I turn to look at her but within a second she becomes upside-down as Mill takes me up on his shoulder and throws me on the bed. "That's a smashing end" Mill says rubbing his hands. "You guys are crazy. Hurry up, the breakfast is ready" Anna said before leaving. "What are we having?" I asked picking myself up. "Bread and bacon" she said running down. Me and Mill looked at each other before jumping on our feet to run. "You are not getting that" I said pulling him back by his shirt and jolting forward. I ran down the stairs as fast as my feet could carry me. I reached the kitchen followed by Mill. "I get it first" I said placing my plate. "Not before me sweetie" Fatty said filling her plate with that mouthwatering bacon. Bread, bacon and eggs with cheese is our favorite breakfast and we can eat it for days together.
Then I took my shower and got ready, letting Fatty to use my shower and my clothes. Mill has a pair of jeans and some t-shirts stocked in his car always, so there was no problem for him.
"We are going now" Mill shouted from the downstairs. "Sure. Go ahead" I said removing my phone from the charger. "Bye Vani. I am going" Anna called out. "Yeah yeah. I will be out in a minute" I said checking my phone for any message from the unit informing about last minute change in plans. There was none except one.
Unknown number identified-
This isn't a mistake
I rechecked the number and it was the same one from yesterday. What is this? I ran down the stair, took my car keys and house keys in my bag. Locked the door properly before pulling out from my parking space. My mind going round and round around the message. Somebody is messing around I guess. This must be some kind of prank? But who can do this? And what does it mean? I scratched my head in and out but couldn't make a thing of it. I reached the set and parked next to Mill's car.
I pushed away the thought as I have to focus on my work right now. Whatever this is, it can be dealt later.
After a few scene, we take a break. I sit on my chair and look at the camera while my mind was wandering again. "What's up?" Hero surprises me taking a seat next to me. "Nothing" I said just looking away. "That doesn't look like nothing" Hero raises his brows. "It is really nothing" I lie.
I can't tell him about things that I am not sure about. There has to be something solid, worth troubling him. "Ok then let's go" he gets up from his chair. "Go where?" I ask confused. "And you say it is nothing? Jemmy told us to move to that movie theater near by for the next scene" he says furrowing his brow. "Oh Ohk yeah let's go" I say gathering my things up. 
The drive was silent but quick so it didn't kill. I walked out but was stopped by Hero. "I know something is going on that you are not telling me. And it is ok if you don't want to, but remember baby I am here whenever you want to" he said cupping my face. That word brought instant smile on my face and I wrapped my arms around him. That word sounds so good in his voice. He hugged me back tightly before letting me go.
I set my camera infront of the seat, Jo is sitting on. The theater has been vacated after the last show for an hour. That is all we need as this is a short scene.
-----
The scene is done super fast and Jemmy calls it a day. "Nirvana we need to do the editing part soon". Jemmy said handing down some paper to Parker. "Ok. Let's do it now then" I said. "Right. Meet me in 10 minutes at the site office"
She said before leaving in a hurry. "Let's go!!!" Jo and Hero shout from either side of my back making me jump.  "Fine. But stop piercing my eardrums" I said. "I asked her to do that, so that you don't drift back in your Dreamland" Hero said pushing me to walk towards my car followed by Jo. "We are going for bowling after changing. You wanna join?" Jo asked jumping in the back seat. "No. I can't. I have to do some editing work with Jemmy" I said pulling outside the set. "You will miss Jo's hysterical moves while throwing the ball" Hero laughed as Jo hit him on his back. "Not funny" Jo rolled her eyes and ran towards her trailer. "I would love to but I can't. Jemmy needs me. Sorry" I say turning back to Hero. "No need of that" he says placing his lips on my forehead. Moments like this make me forget everything.
I quickly run to the office after biding him bye.
It takes 5 hours straight for me,  Jemmy, Anna Todd, Peter who did the screenplay and Serena our editor to arrange the scenes. I did not have much to do compared to them. I was only putting the angles and frames on check, while they edited the scenes after discussing thoroughly. This is my first project and I am trying to absorb everything. And discussions like this gives you so much insight into the art of movie making.
After 4 weeks of work, we have been able to put the first half of the movie together. More work will be done on this but that will be completely under the sound coordinator.
I have to shoot the next half which will take another 3- 4 weeks. As of now, we are ahead of our schedule. So the entire shooting will be done in 60 days than 90 days. We are in no hurry and everyone is happy with everyone. What else do we need?
I come back home, exhausted. I take a bottle of chilled water and run to my room. I drink the entire bottle and put my phone on my bedside table. I take a cool shower and change into a comfortable black T-shirt and shorts. While I was drying my hair my phone rang. I check it and my lips curved into a genuine smile. "Hey !!" I said putting the towel aside. "Hey Vani !! Have you reached home?" Hero asked. "Yes. And you?" I asked laying on my bed. "Yes a while ago. I finished doing my laundry" he said when I heard a little girl's voice behind calling Hero. "That's Ashley, Jemmy's daughter calling for COD" Hero said after telling her to give him a minute. "You should go now. I am tired too" I said as I had to force my eyes open. "Ok. Can you by any chance come early?" He asked nervously. "Sure. See you tomorrow" I said before hanging up. I can't keep my eyes open but something pops up in my phone. I check the message mindlessly.
Unknown number identified-
This isn't a game.