Chapter 44

Back to you

Nirvana's POV

"How are you feeling now?" Hero asked me in a low voice. "Better" I said giving him a quick smile. "Good" he smiled back before looking away and ran his fingers through his hair. He is nervous. But why? Is it something that happened, when I wasn't around. No, I guess not, otherwise Mill would have told me, when we met 10 minutes ago. Then what is it? I have never seen Hero so nervous, like a wrecking ball of anxiety. Is that sweat on his forehead? He is constantly fidgeting his fingers or his feet. He is looking elsewhere and then at me before turning away, giving a smile that doesn't even reach his eyes. Yup !! He is definitely nervous and very much nervous to tell me the reason. Am I making him nervous?
"Hero" I gently keep my hand on his hand. He looks at me and I continue. "What is it?" I asked, giving him a comforting smile. He looked elsewhere, then at me and I gave him an encouraging nod. His face reminds me those days, when I use to repeatedly gulp, before uttering a single word to him. Time turned the table?
"I know that this may not be the best situation, I would have preferred but I can't keep this inside me anymore. I can't let you think that .... that you mean nothing to me, or I am not sorry the way things turned out between us." He took a deep breath before continuing "that day at my home... I am sorry for the way, I behaved. I am not giving you any excuse but I honestly didn't knew how to tell my mother about us. Her reaction towards you was shocking for me and I couldn't handle her anger, so without thinking clearly I said what I said" he then looked at me, expectantly but all I could muster up was an "Okay". "Nirvana I know I have hurted you and the way I let you go explains otherwise of what I am going to say.....but" he placed his hand on my face ever so lightly "I love you" he said. Our face was so close, making our nose brush against each other. "Last 25 days have been the most painful 25 days for me. I couldn't eat, sleep or even smile without thinking about you" he said cupping my face with both of his hands. "Hero but you said" he cuts me off "I lied" he presses his forehead against mine and then I notice the tears in his eyes. "I lied" his voice shaking. "When you were gone, it was like somebody has drilled right through my lungs. I couldn't understand what was going on with me, until I finally understood how much I love you.  I thought of you when I couldn't think anymore. And then I just knew, I have to get you back. I am sorry that I got late..." I keep my finger on his lips. He has said everything I wanted to hear, since the day we parted. I have craved for the word, like fish craves for water. And now he has said everything. He has said it all.
"I love you" I said before removing my finger. "Really? You just forgave me like that?" He smiled looking down at me, in surprise. "I love you, I always have and always will" I said brushing his tear with my thumb. "I love you too" he said placing a kiss on my forehead. "I should have given you a fair chance to explain" I said apologetically. "There are a lot of should haves" he said kissing my eyes one after the other. "So lets just leave it" he said kissing my nose. "All I want you is..." he kisses my left cheek before kissing my right cheek "to never leave me again". "Where will I go without you?" I said. I am not leaving him anymore, not now, not ever. He is my love, my family, my home, my safe haven, my only happy place. "And I promise you that I will never let you go" he said before kissing my lips.

I have realised that there is a difference between leaving someone and giving up on someone. It seems same, but it is not. When I left him, I felt that there was nothing to hold on to. I left London and I left Hero. But somewhere deep within my heart, I never gave up on us. I knew that no matter how much longer it takes or how much worth the wait is, he will come back to me. Because no one can love him the way, I do.

When we finally break the kiss, Hero sighs in relief. I get up from the bed and take my bag before turning around to find him staring back at me, a smile playing on his lips. "What?" I ask. He shakes his head from side to side. "So? Let's go!!" I said pulling him up from the bed and we walked out of the room, not before I hear him mutter "Damn. How did I get so lucky.." I keep quiet and pretend as if I heard nothing. 'The feeling is mutual Hero...' my mind echoed.