Chapter 28

Click!! Click!!

I woke up to Diesel's bark. Last night, I was so tired that I forgot to set the alarm. I walked up to Hero's room, but he was not there. I went downstairs, after I showered and got ready for the day. I could hear Hero's voice, from the stairs but it was low, so it was not understandable. "Mom you aren't getting this. This is not about her work..." Hero was saying but stopped midsentence when I entered the kitchen. His mother's expression changed and she turned around to go to her work. "Good morning" I said to Hero from the doorway. "Come here" he opened his arms for me. I walked towards him and rested my head on his chest. "Morning" he said in my hair. "Did you sleep well?" He queried. "I did" I said managing to paste a smile, while my mind was clinged to their discussion. "Today I am going to take you to, Storm" he said pulling my chin up to look at me. "Okay" I said. "Are you alright? You are unusually quite today. If you are tired, we can go tomorrow. Let's stay inside and-" I cut off his rant by placing my finger on his lips. "Let's go" I said and he kissed my finger before playfully biting it.
We went to this small roadside eatery to grab breakfast. "What do you want to have?" He asked once, we sat in our booth. "A full English breakfast. Because I exactly don't know what it is" I pouted. "Really? It's common though" he laughed before placing our order. Once, the waiter jotted down and went away, I thought it was fit to ask him about the morning. "Can I ask you something?" I poured a glass of water for myself. "Sure" he said keeping his phone away. "In the morning, when you were.... talking to your mother. Were you talking about me?" I forced the words out of my mouth and gazed his reaction. "No" he flatly stated. "Why do you ask?" He asked and I couldn't find any hint of distress or anger in his tone. "I wasn't eavesdropping or anything. I just heard you talking about work and all so I thought maybe....." I said unsure. "Well we weren't" he said and our order arrived.
When I said about English breakfast, I had no idea that it consists of so many things. There was bacon, fried egg, sausage, mushrooms,baked beans, toast, grilled tomatoes, and not to forget, my coffee. I looked at Hero who was trying to hide his smile but failed and laughed at my expression. "Enjoy" he said before digging in his plate. The food, no doubt was delicious and I finished it savoring each bite. "Ready?" Hero smirked. "I don't regret ordering that massive breakfast" I chuckled.
Storm's office wasn't too far from our breakfast point, so we walked there, hand in hand most of the distance. The office is the exact size of Panaroma studios, my office in NY. We passed people, who smiled at Hero or waved at him. "Good morning Jeanine" Hero greeted a woman who was busy talking to someone else. "Hero !! Good morning. How are you? How has it been? I want to know all of it" she bombarded Hero in thicker accent. "It was all good and got even better" he said looking at me. "Who is she?" Jeanine asked but before I could answer she gasped "I have seen you somewhere. I know I did". Hero exchanged a confused look and I tried to remember, but I am positive that I have never seen her before. "You were in that mag, weren't you? Best cinematography collaborators of America?" She asked and then I realized where she had seen me.
"Well?" Hero looked at me, clearly not understanding. "Oh...uh yeah I ... remember now" I stuttered and explained "New Hollywood Magazine does this listing of best cinematographers in the business. And I and Sam featured for Panaroma in that" I said looking at Jeanine who was smiling at my hysterical state. "Ok. That's great !! Jeanine I want the copy of that mag" he said turning around and pulling me with him. "Why do you want that?" I asked catching my breath. "I want to see" he said climbing the stairs. "Why are we running?" I asked. What is the rush for? "That gave me an idea" he said before turning to another corner. "Idea?" I am out of breath already. Hero is so fast, and he is pulling me like an anchor attached to a ship. "You will see" he said and finally stopped before opening a glass door. "Felix" Hero called out a guy, who was busy with his camera. Oh no. No. No. No this is not happening.
"Man I want you to shoot her. Like take the best" Hero beamed.
"Hero!" I called him. "Hero" I shook his hand but he is busy instructing the guy about my photoshoot as if I am not there. "Hero!!!" He finally turned. "Do you need anything?" He asked. "Yes I-" the guy cuts me off "No. I don't think so." He replied, making me realise, Hero was asking him not me. "She is perfect" the guy, Felix smiled. "I know" Hero smiled at me, his deep dimples appearing. "Hero. What is all this? I don't want to" I said in disbelief. "Why not? Just once. Please!!" He said, his smile fading but appearing again. "Look. I want to see you, just once in front of the camera and not behind it. Please!!" He cupped my face "You are so much worth than being behind the lense" he said, caressing my cheek. I looked around me. "Nobody knows you. So don't worry. It will be fine. I promise. One time, that is all I am asking for" Hero begged. "Okay" I replied. It is hard, so hard, much harder than I thought to say 'No' to him. The idea itself frightens me. But Damn!! If I don't love him. He is happier than me for my shoot. "Felix !!" He calls out, his eyes not leaving mine "Let's get started !!"