Prologue

*P   R   O   L   O   G   U   E*

He came at her again with his hand curled into a fist.

She fell to the ground and bit her lip to stop the scream from escaping her lips.

She begged for him to stop but he never did. This would happen every day. But no one came to help. Not even her mother.

Everyday he would take her to the basement and beat her up until he was satisfied.

This time he took it too far. He brought his fist back and punched her hard in her gut.

Black spots danced across her vision. She could barely focus and her body was too weak due to malnutrition.

He went to a corner and emerged with a wooden stick in his hand and without even caring, he bashed it in her head so hard that blood spewed out and she fell unconscious on the floor.

*~*

He was furious.

How could someone do this?

He finally found her after 10 years and this is what he comes across.

As soon as he got the news that his daughter was admitted in the hospital he took his sons and drove there.

His sons asked him where they were going, and his reply was, "To get your sister back."

*~*

They arrived at the hospital and were fast to rush in. Greg Martin never thought that he would have to see a day where he would see his only daughter in a hospital.

He found the man, James Daniels, who was the one that adopted her, in the waiting room.

She wasn't suppose to get adopted. She was suppose to come back with her brothers and father.

He marched up to him and punched him hard in the face. James flew back in surprise and the people looked at the exchange between the two.

"When you adopt someone you're suppose to protect them and not abuse them," he spat out.

"Who are you?" James asked, clutching his bleeding nose.

"Alexis' biological father."

James' eyes widen in surprise and he stuttered out, "I-I thought you were dead. Why else would your daughter be in an orphanage?"

"Its a long story that involves her safety."

James scoffed, "I didn't even want her as my daughter. My wife wanted someone to work for her so we adopted her."

Greg's eyes filled with rage and fury. He took a step forward but stopped when he saw the door of the waiting room open. A man with a white lab coat stepped inside.

"Mr. Daniels?" He asked.

James looked at him and he said, "Your daughter is out of danger, but she has a major injury on her head. There is a possibility that she may have lost her memory. Also, she has a lot of scars and bruises, any reason for that?"