Chapter 19

Clarissa's POV:

After about an hour, we arrived at the place where the gala was being held.

We arrived in four cars. They all screeched to a halt. I stepped out of the car and tried my best to walk and not trip on the heels.

We soon reached the golden doors that lead inside the gala hall.

"I don't like this." I said.

"It's just for a couple hours. You'll survive." Will said trying to reassure me.

"Not helping."

"You'll survive." He said again.

Chloe hooked her arm with mine and pulled me with her before I could get away.

"I heard the food here is great. You should definitely try some." Will had said before Chloe pulled me away.

"Happy birthday." Chloe wished me.

"This is not a happy birthday at all." I grumbled.

"Oh c'mon! Cheer up a little." She said.

"I'll cheer up when I kill your brothers."

"I'll gladly let you."

***

Unknown POV:

I was so blinded by the thought of gaining his love that I didn't realize what I was doing until I was caught.

He needs to be stopped. He has done far to many crimes. I won't be surprised if my father was sent to jail for life imprisonment.

Only one person can help me with that.

I need her help. I really do.

She needs to remember and I want to help her remembering so that she could help me.

But it seems impossible because whenever I come in sight, her brothers always go in overprotective mode.

Father has been using me for a lot of crimes lately.

She is a year older than me. She was my sister as well....for nine years, yes but she was my sister.

I remember that I was only five when I saw my father dragging her to the basement for the first time.

I remember the tears I saw in her eyes and heard her voice, begging and apologizing.

I remember that she use to take care of me when my mother never did.

Mom felt guilty for her memory loss because she heard every single cry of pain that emitted from her.

Father never loved anyone but himself. He never loved me either. I've done everything I could to earn his love but to no avail.

He was always polite to the neighbors and never gave a single sign of being the bad person.

Everyone in our neighborhood always like to talk about how much of a good man he is.

If only they knew.

Whoever said, 'don't judge a book by it's cover' was right. They don't know what happens beyond the walls of my so called home.

Tonight father was invited to this gala party because he was 'the most respected' person in our town.

I have no choice but to oblige. Even though he never showed any love towards me, it was always better to go outside with him so that I could see the good side of him.