Chapter 7

Clarissa's POV:

Dad was waiting for us when we arrived home.

"What took so long?" He asked.

"Twins bickering." Alan answered.

"We're right here you know?" Will said.

He looked at us and shrugged, going upstairs to his room.

"What did you bicker about?" Dad asked.

"He offered to pick out a bag for me and then chose the most ridiculous bags of all times and that escalated to a fight." I said, pointing at Will.

"Not only that, they had a fight over the folders, notebooks and even geometry boxes." Alan said coming back to the living room.

"So basically, they had a fight over everything." Dad said.

"Basically." Alan agreed.

"Its not my fault that she has a strange taste." Will said.

"I don't have a strange taste. You do!" I turned to dad, "You should have seen the things he picked out for me. They were all for children."

"I'll have to agree, see the things he pick up for himself. I mean crayons? Really?" Alan raised his eyebrows at Will.

"Who said they were for me? They're for her." Will replied, pointing at me.

He would have been dead if it wasn't for Mary who called us all for dinner.

*~*

I looked at my hands. There were wrinkles all over them.

I scrubbed yet another dish. The water was messing with my hands.

The sponge was becoming rougher with every scrub.

I accidentally dropped a plate and broke it while putting it on the drying rack.

"What the hell happened?" His voice boomed from the living room of the small house. He came to the kitchen and looked at the damage.

He looked furious. He started stalking over to me. I tried to run in order to get away from him but he caught me before I could.

He pulled me down the stairs to the basement and threw me in a chair.

The whole time I was thrashing in his arms, begging for him to let me go and that it wouldn't happened again.

But my apologies fell to deaf ears.

He tied me up to the chair and pulled out his knife. He let out a chuckled that was sadistic and said, "Alexis... There is no way in hell am I ever letting an opportunity like this one go."

He dragged his knife and sliced my arms open and I had to bit my lip to stop myself from screaming.

When he didn't get a good enough reaction he raised his fist and punched me in my gut, knocking the air out of me.

He went to a corner and emerged back with a stick in his hand. He bashed it in my head so hard that the chair fell back with the force.

My eyes shot open and I was panting with sweat covering my body. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to splash some cold water on my face.

When I came back to my room I saw Will standing there.

"Hey, I heard your cries. Are you okay?" He asked once he noticed me.

I nodded and went to sleep on my bed.

"You want me stay with you?" He asked.

I nodded once again, not trusting my voice.

He laid down with next to me and put his arm around me in a comforting gesture.

"Go to sleep, Claire." He whispered, like he always did.
______________________________________________________________________