Chapter 26

Clarissa's POV:

"AHHHH! HELP! AHHHH!" I shouted.

"Claire!" Will yelled.

"WHAT?!" I shouted back.

"Stop shouting! You're destroying my ear drum!"

"HOW CAN YOU NOT SHOUT AT THAT THING?!"

"It's just a damn movie!"

"A HORROR MOVIE!"

"You know, this interaction between you two is much more entertaining than the movie." Alan said.

The bloody idiot was munching on some popcorn while watching us with an amused smirk on his face.

I reached over and scooped some of the popcorn out before throwing them in his face.

"Serves you right." I said.

"Throwing popcorn in people's faces is not very nice." He stated like he was talking to a child.

I scowled. "Shut up."

And the ghost had to pop up right then. The guy holding the gun removed the bloody cloth from the girl's face and she had to be possessed by the devil.

As soon as she let out the ghostly growl or whatever they're called, I screamed and buried my face in the cushion that I had been holding on to during the whole movie.

"Clary, it's just a movie." Will said.

"A movie made to scare the crap out of a person and not let them sleep at night by making them paranoid that the same ghost could attack them in their sleep." I said with my face still buried in the cushion.

They were both silent for a minute.

"Wow. That was....a long description." Alan commented.

I heard another growl and yelped.

"I don't understand what's scary about this." Alan said.

"Everything is scary about it." I said looking at him from behind the cushion.

I saw him roll his eyes and mutter, "I don't find it scary. It's like they didn't even put effort into making this."

"We're watching this in my bedroom. If I don't get any sleep at night, I'm blaming you." I said.

*~*

It's friggin' 3:00 am in the morning and I can't get a wink of sleep. Even a slight noise is making me jump.

I got out of bed at least five times to check if my window was closed and locked. It was.

I was sitting on my bed with my back on the headrest and the blankets pulled over me.

Before, if I couldn't get any sleep after Will and Alan made me watch a horror movie, I always went to dad's room.

I smiled remembering those times.

{Flashback}

I walked down the hallway towards dad's room. It was close, but I was really scared to take a single step.

Literally. It took a lot of courage to just get out of bed.

I sighed and took another step. The floor boards creaked, making me even more scared.

When I finally reached dad's room, I opened the door to see him sleeping on the bed in the middle on his side.

I walked over and shook him by his shoulder.

"Daddy." I whispered, afraid that some sort of ghost would hear me.

He grunted and opened his eyes. When he saw me he was surprised.

"Clary? What happened? Are you okay?" He asked.

"I can't sleep. Will and Alan made me watch a scary movie and now I can't sleep because every time I close my eyes, I hear something and it scares me and I can't close my eyes and then I hear the wind-" He cut me off.

"Sh-shh. Claire, your rambling says that your scared." He said, sitting up.

He pulled me on his lap and wrapped his arms around me.

"Do you want to stay here?" He asked.

"Can I?" I asked looking up at him.

He nodded.

"You can, sweetie." He said, laying back down with me still in his arms. He kissed my forehead and just like that I fell asleep.

{End of flashback}

I got out of bed and made my way to Will's room.

His room is right in front of mine so I reached there in no time. I opened the door to see him sleeping in the furthest corner of his bed.

If he moves even a little bit more he'll fall off.

I shrugged.

Oh, well. He did made me watch that movie. It'll serve him right.

I went over to one side so I was facing his back. I climbed on the bed and gave him a hard push.

He yelped as he fell on the ground with a 'thud'. I heard him groan.

He sat up at and looked in my direction then sighed.

"I guess, this is what I get for make you watch a horror movie, right?" He asked in a sleepy voice and I nodded.

"I'm staying here tonight." I stated. I fell on his bed and pulled his blankets over me.

"Since, you've already made yourself comfortable, you might as well stay." He said and got on his bed.

I cuddled up to his side and he pulled me close to him in sort of a protective manner.

He kissed my forehead and whispered, "Go to sleep, Claire."

I was about to when we both heard the door to his room open again. We looked up to see Alan.

"I heard someone falling. Who fell?" He asked.

"He did." I said pointing at Will.

"She pushed me!" Will exasperated.

Alan rolled his eyes and walked further into the room.

"I wanna cuddle too." He said and fell on my other side.

"I'm guessing you're here because you're scared?" He asked.

"I did say I'd blame you. It was your fault after all." I said.

"Shut up and go to sleep." He said.

*~*

BANG!

I screamed and shouted, "SHE'S HERE!"

My screaming woke up Will but not Alan.

"Who's here?" He asked rubbing his eyes.

"I'm here." A new voice said.

I screamed and clung onto Will.

"Claire! It's just dad!" Will said.

"Huh?" I looked at the door.

"It's just dad." He said.

Dad looked like he was thinking something then shook his head.

"It's final. All three of you are banned from watching horror movies ever again." He said and went to leave the room.

He halted in his tracks, turned around and said, "And please wake Alan up." Then left.

I let go of Will and pushed Alan out of bed. He was already sleeping on the side so he fell off.

When I saw he was awake, I said, "It's proved that you're an idiot."
______________________________________________________________________