Chapter 18

Clarissa's POV:

He swung at me and I blocked it. A loud smack echoed around in the empty gym.

Will grinned and swung at me again. I went to block, but he grabbed my wrist and pinned me, face down on the mat with both my hands locked behind me.

I tried to break free but to no avail.

"Come on, Claire. You can do better than that." He said in my ear.

I tried again but he tighten his hold.

"Let go, Will." I said.

"Nuh-uh. You have to break free." He said.

Dad told Will to train me today. We were training but after some time, we got bored so we decided to make-up a game instead.

Whoever gets the most hits in ten minutes wins.

I kicked my leg up to try and hit him on his back but he pinned both my legs as well.

With all my strength, I flipped us around and managed to pin him to the mat just as the timer went off.

"I won." I said.

"How?" He asked.

"I hit you more than you did to me and not to mention that you put me in a lock, out of which I broke free."

"Fine. Next round; whoever puts the other person in most locks wins."

I agreed and he put the timer on his phone.

He came back and we stood away from each other for sometime.

"Think you could win this one?" Will asked.

I shrugged, "Maybe."

We both ran towards one another. At the last second, I slid down and went behind him from in between his legs.

I grabbed them from behind and pulled them towards me, making him fall face first on the mat. I lifted his legs and twisted them making him grunt in pain.

But he was quick to flip us around. I fell on my back. He quickly grabbed one of my arms and locked it in a painful way.

"Hurts doesn't it?" He asked.

With my free hand I grabbed him from the back his neck and pushed him down on the mat.

I grabbed one of his arms and pulled it under my armpit after twisting it and locked his other arm with my other hand.

"Not as much." I answered his previous question, then asked, "Does this hurt?"

"Not as much." He said, repeating my words.

I change my position and laid down and pulled his arm, that I was holding, in between my knees and put one of my legs on his neck and the other on his chest.

"How 'bout now?"

"A little." He grunted and went to counter my move. He used his free hand to remove my legs and stood up on his knees.

When he did, I used his arm that I was still holding in between my knees and tugged on it making him lean forward.

I crossed my legs and put my feet on both of his shoulders and pressed them around his neck as hard as I could.

"Where the hell did you learn it from?" He asked struggling to breathe.

I smirked, "Did you really think that I was only good with arts?"

Using my legs I pushed him on the mat and sat up with his arm still in between my knees, twisted in a painful way.

The timer went off and I grinned.