Chapter 12

Clarissa's POV:

The next day at school. Will and I were sitting in our chemistry class, working on an experiment.

During class, the door opened and our principal walked in followed by a boy that was probably a new student.

The principal talked to Mr. Louis for a little bit then left.

Mr. Louis turned towards the class and said in a loud voice, "Alright, everyone be quiet for a minute." The voices stopped. I noticed when Will looked at the boy he tensed up a little.

"This is our new student. Please introduce yourself." He said to the boy.

"Hi everyone, my name is Maxwell Daniels but everyone calls me Max. I transfered here from another school." He said looking at everyone with a smile on his face.

He was attractive with dark hair and blue eyes, no doubt in that. But the fact the he seemed familiar bugged me the most.

Where have I seen him?

Max was looking around the class but when his eyes found me he stopped and gave me a smirk with a devilish look in his eyes.

Then he looked at Will and his smirk widened. I looked at Will and was surprised to see him glaring at Max.

Mr. Louis started to talk to him and told us to get back to our work.

The class started to work again.

"Claire?" Will asked.

"Yeah?" I asked looking at him. He had a worried look in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" He opened his mouth to answer, but shook his head and went to work on the experiment again.

*~*

I went to my next class, Arts.

I was a little late with Will saying things about staying away from Max and not to let him near me.

I don't understand why he was saying this and when I asked him that, he said, "I can't tell you. Not now."

I was confused but went to my art class.

Mrs. Brown was not here yet so I guess I wasn't that late. But what surprised me was the fact that Max was also in this class.

Maybe he had the same class as me. I thought.

I decided not to think about it that much and went to my usual seat and sat down just as Mrs. Brown entered the room.

*~*

This is bad. This is very very bad.

So far Max has been in all of my classes and it's starting to freak me out.

Is he some kind of creepy stalker or something?

I was in my third class of the day and Max was here too.

He kept staring at me with the same evil glint in his eyes.

So when the bell rang, I was up and out the door in seconds.

Luckily, it was lunch break. So I went to that cafeteria and found Will and Alan talking at the same table.

Alan seem mad. His fists were clenching and unclenching, looking like wanting to hit something.

I went over and sat down on a chair.

"I'm going crazy!"I announced.

"What? Why?" Will asked.

"Because, Maxwell Daniels is in all of my classes." I said.

"Damn right! I am." Someone said.

We turned to see Max standing behind me with the same glint in his eyes and the same smirk on his face.

"What do you want?" Alan asked.

"Oh, you know exactly what I want. Or more like my parents do." He said looking at me when he said the last bit.

Will slammed his hands on the table and stood up. He pointed at Max, "You nor your parents will be getting what you want."

What. The. Heck.

What does he want? How does Will know? Does he know him? Why was he warning me to stay away?

I snapped out of my thoughts when Max asked me, "What? You still didn't get your memory back?"

Now, I was even more confused. What memory?

I snapped out of my thoughts again when I heard Will punch Max. Causing people to turn their heads.

I expected him to cry out in pain, but instead he just chuckled.

"Is that all you got?" He taunted.

"I could do more but there are people watching." Will said through clenched teeth.

I finally processed what was going on and asked, "Wait. What memory?"

That was pretty lame. I know. But I didn't know what to do.

Max was the one to answer, "As much a I would love to tell and watch your reaction, it's not my part to tell... Alexis." He smirked one last time and left.

My blood ran cold.

Alexis.

That was the same name he calls me.

How did he... Oh my God.

I gasped.

He looks exactly like him.

My breathing got heavier. My vision started to blur.

I couldn't hear anything. I couldn't see anything either.

Black spots danced across my vision. The last thing I saw was Will's panic face before everything went black.
______________________________________________________________________