Chapter 29

Clarissa's POV:

I watched as the men that were upstairs looking for me came down and told their boss that the police was here.

"Did you really think that I was just going to let you in here and not call the police?" I heard dad asked.

The men that were holding Will and Alan dropped their knives as the cops flooded in the house.

I could see dad telling Will and Alan something. I saw them nod and run up the stairs.

After a few minutes, I heard the wall moving. When I looked at it, I saw Will and Alan standing in there. I rushed to them.

Will immediately engulfed me in his arms. I felt Alan joining in as well.

"I love you, guys." I mumbled.

"Love you too." They both said at the same time.

We were standing there for a while just hugging each other. Then, suddenly we heard a gunshot.

We pulled away and looked at each other all thinking the same thing. Dad.

We rushed down the stairs. I gasped at the sight of dad on the floor covered in blood.

"Dad!" I yelled. I ran to him and dropped on the floor beside him.

"Dad. Oh my God." I whispered.

"I'm fine, Clary. It's just a graze wound." Dad said.

"But that doesn't make it any better. It's still a wound. And not to mention that you're losing blood." I said and put my hand on top of his which he was using to stop the bleeding.

"You'll pay for this, Greg Martin. You'll pay." James threatened as he was escorted to the police car.

"Dad. Please don't leave me." I cried.

He lifted his hand that was not covering his wound and cupped my cheek.

"I'm not going anywhere." He said and pulled my face down to kiss my forehead.

"I love you, honey." He said and his eyes began to close.

"No! Dad, don't close your eyes. Stay awake, dad. Stay awake. Please." I begged while the tears ran down my face freely.

"I'm awake." He said.

"No dad! You have to keep your eyes open. The paramedics will be arriving soon. Alan just got off the phone with them." Will said coming beside me.

"William?"

"Yeah dad. It's me." Will answered.

"Take care of your sister."

"No! Remember what you said? You're not going anywhere. I need you in my life dad. I'm not ready to lose you." I sobbed.

"I'll always be here." He said and his eyes closed completely.

"Dad!" I shouted in tears.

Will put his arm around me and held me close as I cried.

Suddenly, the world around me turned black as I slipped into unconsciousness.

*~*

"She just passed out because of shock. No need to worry. She will be up in a few." I could hear someone saying.

"Thank you, doctor." I heard another voice speak.

"No problem. Just doing my job." The doctor said. I heard a door close so I assumed he left.