Chapter 16

Clarissa's POV:

Pictionary.

A fun and friendly game for families and friends to play. But when that family has a guy like Will, then this happens:

We were playing guys VS girls.

We had only four girls on the Girls Team. While there were eight boys on the Guys Team.

Requested--more like demanded--by the guys.

Mark was drawing form the Guys Team and Chloe was drawing from the Girls Team.

After looking at the card, they both turned to the drawing boards.

As soon as Mark's marker touched the board, Will started guessing random things.

"Pancakes." Will said and Mark shook his head.

"Waffles." Mark shook his head again.

"Eiffel tower." Mark shook his head again.

"A pancake shaped like the Eiffel tower." At this, Mark picked up his duster and aimed it at Will's head.

It hit him square in the head.

"Ow." Will complained.

"A present!" Ashley exclaimed just as the time ran out.

"Yes, that's correct." Chloe said.

"How the hell did you think this was the Eiffel tower?" Alan asked Will.

"It's not my fault Mark is a horrible drawer." Will said rubbing his forehead.

The game was almost to an end. Will didn't stop guessing random stuff.

Hayden and Ashley were the ones that were drawing now.

"A car." Hayden shook his head.

"An umbrella." Alan hit Will at the back of his head.

"Ow!" Will yelled but suddenly his eyes widen, "I know what it is! I know! I know! I know!" He shouted with happiness.

"Well what is it then?" Hayden asked.

"A needle!" Will said.

"From what angle does this look like a needle?" Chloe asked.

"Every angle." Will answered.

"Will, I have a half mind to tie you to a chair and leave you in the basement." Alan threatened.

Suddenly, a memory hit me.

"Didn't that happen before?" I asked.

"What happened?"

"You tied him to a chair and left him in the basement?" I asked.

"What makes you think that?" Jason asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I just had this feeling that this has happened before."

Everyone was quiet.

"What?" I asked. Suddenly Alan stood up and clapped his hands.

"Alright! Let's wrap this up shall we? It's obvious to everyone that the girls are gonna win even though they are less in number but they also don't have a William in their team. Although, I think we could've won if it wasn't for Will. What do you guys think? Anyway, I'm hungry so I'll ask someone to make some dinner. Sounds good? Okay let's go." He said that all in just one breath.

He got up and left. I looked at the others and asked, "Why do I have a feeling that you all know something that I don't?"

"I'm hungry too." Will said and left.

"Okay. Now I'm sure you all know something I don't. What is it?" I asked the others.

"It's best if you asked your dad, Claire." Mason said.

Ask dad. Ask dad. Ask dad.

What is it that dad knows and doesn't tell me? I know it has something to do with the man but what is it?

***

Greg's POV:

I was in my study going through some papers that are required for the company.

I opened a drawer and my eyes landed on a folded piece of paper.

It looked old and worn out. Curious, I took it out and unfolded it.

{Flashback}

It was almost night time and I, as usual, was working.

I can't wait till Alan is old enough. I seriously need help here.

Suddenly the door to my study opened. I looked up and saw my daughter walking in with a pout on her face.

I can't believe I have her back. Well, not exactly how I wanted but she is here nonetheless. And she is safe.

"Daddy, I'm bored." She whined.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Because I don't have anything to do." She said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"What about your brothers?"

"They are playing video games and said that girls don't play."

I thought for a moment. Then my eyes landed on the papers sitting in the printer, ready to be used.

"Well, why don't you take that paper and a pencil and draw something." I suggested, pointing at the papers and handing her a pencil.

She looked to be in thought and looked at her left side, out the window. Then her eyes shined with excitement and she nodded eagerly.

"Okay!" She said, taking the paper and pencil.

She then sat down on the couch in front of the coffee table.

Every once in a while she would look out the window as if to look for an inspiration. I could already imagine what she was making.

It was already night time when she got up and brought the paper to me.

"Daddy." She called. I looked up and saw her holding out the paper to me.

"What did you draw?" I asked.

She didn't answer as I looked at the drawing.

It was amazing. There were flowers all over the bottom of the page, like it was a garden, right by a fence, a small cottage stood on the right side and a branch of tree covering the left side.

Although, it wasn't perfect like the details on the wood and the petals of the flowers where a little off, but it was still amazing.

"You drew this?" I asked her. For a ten year old, she was an amazing artist.

"Yeah." She said shyly. "Do you like it?"

"I love it, sweetie."

Suddenly she yawned.

"Are you tired now?" I asked.

She nodded. I picked her up and sat down on the couch with her sitting on my lap.

"Good night, Pumpkin."

"Good night." She mumbled against my chest.

{End of flashback}

I was looking at the drawing of the cottage with a smile on my face when the door opened and Claire walked in.

And she looked angry.

"What happened?" I asked.

"What is it that everyone knows and I don't?" She asked back.

I was hoping she'd forget it for some time.
______________________________________________________________________