Chapter 3

Clarissa's POV:

I don't know how long I was sitting there drawing. But I was brought out of my sketchbook when I heard Will call out my name.

"Claire?" My head snapped up and I started to panic. I quickly stood up and packed everything up. I was about to leave the room when I heard a knock on the door.

"Claire, you in there?" Will asked.

I didn't answer and open the door just enough for him to see my face. I gave him a sweet smile.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said and walked outside, putting the lock back on the door knob.

"Claire, what were you doing in there?"

"I told you."

"It doesn't count as an answer for me." He crossed his arms.

"Well, I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"Because..."

"Because what?"

"Because I said so."

Will slapped his palm on his forehead and rubbed the spot. I started walking towards my room to get the graphite off of my hands.

"Is that graphite on your hands?" Will asked, noticing it.

"No..."

"Well it sure does look like it."

"It's not. Now leave me alone."

As I was walking I heard him mumble to himself, "I might have to ask dad to teach me how to pick locks."

As if dad's gonna teach him. I mentally thought.

"Claire, dinner is ready and Alan and dad are back."

"I'll be there in a minute."

*~*

Dinner went by and all of us made a small conversation here and there.

I wasn't listening until Will said, "Dad I want to learn how to pick locks."

"Why?" He asked.

"I just want to."

"Right, and the real reason?"

He knew dad is not going to teach him without a valid reason.

He sighed and said, "You know the room at the end of the hall? Yeah, well Claire has been using it and won't tell me what's in there."

Dad had a mixture of surprised and amused look on his face, while I had an annoyed one.

"I'm not teaching you." He said.

"What? Why?"

"Because I said so."

"But-" Dad cut him off.

"I won't be teaching you and that's final. No room for discussion."

Will leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms over his chest with a pout on his lips. I held in a laugh at how much of a child he looked.

*~*

I was sitting on my desk in my room. My laptop was in front of me.

I was looking through some pictures of me and friends and finding one to paint when someone knocked on my door.

I turned to see dad walking inside.